“Bright and friendly”

Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Worcester
“Bright and friendly”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in Lexington at the Hyatt Place for two nights. Although the hotel is not close to the University of Kentucky I had booked it for the very reasonable price. We were very pleasantly surprised - the rooms are big and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was fresh and lots to choose from. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank UKmomWorcester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Hyatt Place Lexington is a very convenient, clean, comfortable place to stay...all at a very reasonable price. It's hard to add much more than has already been mentioned by several other reviewers. We were in the area for a family event. The room is very spacious and well laid out. Having the living room area and sleeper sofa is a big bonus for a family of five. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and quick to respond. We had no problems during our stay, with the biggest issue being a need for more bath towels...and that was even handled promptly. The breakfast buffet is fairly typical. It won't make you forget about your favorite brunch joint back home, but it was more than adequate...very plentiful and a nice selection of items. Once again, the staff was great, keeping the food well stocked and the dining area clean. This hotel is a good choice for a family stop when in the Lexington area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TheTripHelper
Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The property was clean inside and out. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room itself was in great condition with one of the best sofa beds we have ever had. I realy cannot believe the low price for a nights stay. The breakfast was also good. So glad we made a last minute switch to this hotel from the Embassy Suites.

2 Thank druggist87
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night here and did some shopping and dining. We were very pleased with our room. Comfortable and clean. Pictures represent the rooms well. We would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank TEACHERandRN
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stay at Hyatt Places probably 8-10 times a year; first time at this property and it was one of the best HP experiences I've had. Fantastic attitude by the staff at check-in and breakfast; everyone who worked at that property smiled and always said hello. The best treat of the stay was when Vernon helped me get a battery cover off one of my child's toys... thank you Vernon for going out of your way to help me.

2 Thank pmmnc
Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here one night in late July 2012 and the overall experience was disappointing. We arrived later than expected, having experienced some mechanical car problems on our way. I think we were among the last 2 reservations to show up that evening, so there was a full house when we arrived.

Check in was efficient and staff was polite. It is my understanding that all rooms have a sofa bed.

We were assigned a room on the first floor. Upon entering our room, we found it was a handicapped accessible room, complete with roll-in shower. We hadn't requested this type of room, didn't need it and would have preferred a regular room, but this was just inconvenient (given the shower issue) and not a problem. However, we also found that the toilet was stopped up and wouldn't flush--this was not just an inconvenience, but a problem that had to be addressed. We contacted the front desk, and the clerk came down with a plunger and towels. After working for it for several minutes, she said this method wasn't being successful and she'd have to call in a work order. She indicated they had installed some things to try to conserve water and she thought this was the source of the problem, and hinted that it wasn't an unusual situation. Given it was almost midnight, she offered to assign us to another room, but the only room available had a king bed rather than the 2 double/queens we had reserved. Given the hour, as well as the long day we had already had, we agreed to accept this alternative, as we had little faith that the plumbing problem would be fixed before the next day and it was too late to go searching for a different hotel. The bedding change created an uncomfortable sleeping arrangement, as we really needed 2 beds plus the sofa bed, but this seemed to be the only option. The plumbing issue gave me concern as I wondered why housekeeping had not found the stopped up toilet when they cleaned the room. This made me question the thoroughness of the cleaning. Since it was stopped up when we checked in, it had to be stopped up from the previous guests.......housekeeping should have discovered this, reported it and had it fixed.

The new room was much smaller than the first one, perhaps because it was not made to accommodate a wheelchair? It was on the top floor, and there was a loud roar in the bathroom and dressing area. It sounded very much like a helicopter. Upon investigating this noise, I found there was nothing unusual around us and finally decided it had to be the air conditioners running on the roof. Fortunately, it wasn't as loud in the sleeping area, so it didn't turn out to be a problem for us.

Everything in the new room was clean, comfortable and working.

The breakfast area was full, but clean; the breakfast offerings were waffles, breakfast sandwiches, cold items like cereal, pastries, fruit, etc.

On my way back to the room, I overheard a staff phone conversation to maintenance reporting another plumbing issue. It seems another room had a shower drain problem and the guest was standing in about an inch of water. It seems the plumbing issues in our first room were not the only issues and it makes me wonder about the plumbing throughout the property.

We had reserved the room with one credit card, but switched to another card when we arrived. A few days later, when checking the credit card postings, we found that both cards had been charged, and both were charged for an amount higher than our receipt indicated. I called to ask about this and was told that it was routine when the cards were changed, that given our stay was on a weekend, it would take a little longer to clear but that both the duplicate billing and the additional charge would be taken care of by the next day. I didn't get a satisfactory answer as to why either of these things happened, but am happy to report that the billing was corrected by the next afternoon. I still wonder why this happened, and it leaves a lingering negative in my mind.

Other than the double billing plus plumbing issues that created our not having the bedding we needed, our stay was comfortable. The property was clean, updated, and attractive. The toilet issue and resulting room change kept this from being a really positive experience.......and I still wonder why housekeeping didn't find the problem long before we checked in......eewwhh.........

1 Thank OneTraveler
Oklahoma City
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel numerous times and they continue to get it right. Friendly and Quick check-in. Hotel is in great shape. Wi-Fi is good and the fitness center is more than adequate.
Free breakfast which has been upgraded and is even better.

Location is great next ti highway and several restaurants. A+

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business