The Campbell House, A Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night to attend a UK basketball game at Rupp. Since the hotels closer to Rupp were booked we chose the Campbell House because of its proximity to the arena. Front desk staff were friendly and prompt. We booked a king room which was small, dated and in need of TLC. The bathroom was so tiny and also in need of TLC. All of the decor was in a dirt brown color which made the room feel dirty and dark. The bed was comfortable but very close to the wall along the hallway so you can hear everything outside the room. I did see a video playing in the lobby showing their future improvement concepts which look nice... they could really use it!

• Stayed: February 2014
There are newer reviews for The Campbell House, A Curio Collection by Hilton

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Campbell House is just across the street from St. Joseph's Hospital in Lexington (not for walking, however, as it crosses a busy road). It was very convenient to stay there when a family member was having surgery, and they offer a very generous discount for hospital related stays. There were welcoming cookies, and nice Tempurpedic beds. There was a small but nice exercise room and a relatively small but nice pool. The meal in the restaurant was good although a little expensive. The staff was very pleasant. I would stay there again, especially if a family member was at St. Joseph's.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I love it here! Jason, Jennifer, David, Lindsay and all the other staff at Kilburn were amazing! The food is great, I love the variety of food and desserts. Then we went to the gift shop and selected some beautiful gifts from Madonna. This gift shop is the best kept secret in Lexington! She hand wraps the gifts after purchase. My sister bought a fur wrap with a matching muff! The rooms are comfortable and large. Josetta, at the front desk is very knowledgeable and so sweet. She goes above and beyond to get you the right room, right area and gives a nice layout of the facility! I love it here and can't wait to go back!,

Room Tip: Any room here is good! The hotel is centrally located. Very close to St Jo hospital and Cardinal Hil...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am a Seminar Speaker, and have stayed and taught at this hotel in the past. For some reason, my company booked me off-site for my next training at this location. Even though I have to pay extra, it is worth it to stay here! Customer service is always superb. Staff are very helpful during the day while I conduct my seminar. Top notch hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
The Campbell Ho... L, Manager at The Campbell House, A Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear sunhawkins,

Thank you very much for your review of The Campbell House following your recent visit to Lexington, KY! We are so pleased to hear that your experiences at our property have been very satisfactory, as we are continuously striving to make improvements and serve our guests appropriately. Our hotel prides itself on the level of customer service we provide, as well as the Banquet/Meeting functions we facilitate.
As the New Year begins, there are many exciting things happening at The Campbell House, including a full-scale renovation of the hotel. We will provide more details concerning the renovation as the information becomes available, but again, thank you for your review and thank you for your loyalty to our beloved hotel!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

After reading recent reviews on Tripadvisor, I was prepared for the worst at the Campbell House. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. I agree that the hotel is fairly dated and in need of a redec; however, I think the vitriol of some of the comments are unfair. Yes, the furniture is dated, but they're not falling apart and more than serve their purpose. My room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is well-located, only a 5-7 minute drive from the University Campus and/or downtown and a 15 minute drive from Keeneland. I'm not sure what more you can ask for in a hotel, especially if, like me, you purchased at a deep discount via Priceline.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear vandyalum,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Campbell House, and we really appreciate your comments/observations! The customer service we provide to our guests is a key factor to the success of our property, and we are so happy that you found your accommodations suitable for your needs. The location of our hotel is also a convenience for our guests, with our close proximity to the University of Kentucky, Lexington's Bluegrass Airport and Keeneland.
In reference to the need of a renovation, plans are currently being finalized to begin a massive restoration of the property in 2014. Now under new ownership and management, we are very excited to see what the future brings!
Again, thank you for reviewing our property and providing us the necessary feedback needed to make improvements and better serve our guests!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Ok we got here last night and after checking in we came to the room. We started reading the reviews. Wow it wasn't good. Well here goes. Check in went well. The lady was very very friendly. I thought the room was great. The wife is a little pickier. Yes the motel is older. Was not built in the last 10 years. So what. I am a construction worker and I appreciate and like the older building. I had an issue with the shower so I called the front desk. Within 3 minutes the guy was here and helped. Problem solved. It was more me than the shower. So overall it is hats off to the Campbell House and staff. What? Would I stay again? YES over and over again. Thanks to all that I spoke to.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I can understand why the Crowne Plaza recently sold this property. It is now called Campbell House. While the bed was very comfortable, I don't have anything else nice to say about this hotel. If our room is an indication of the whole property, a lot of remodeling is needed. Also, the staff needs retraining on customer service. The location is a plus if you're going to Keeneland Racetrack.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends