“One of my favorite Lexington restaurants”

Saul Good Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #20 of 892 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "From scratch" kitchen serves up farm fresh salads, delicious warm sandwiches, gourmet burgers, hand tossed pizzas and features a signature chocolate bar.
“One of my favorite Lexington restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Saul Good has a quirky atmosphere coupled with great food and outstanding service. I've never had a bad meal there or even a 'just OK' experience. Definitely try the dessert assortment that you get to dip into melted chocolate. Their hand-crafted pizzas are yummy too. A cold, draft Bourbon Barrel Ale is a perfect complement to the food and atmosphere. Both locations manage to replicate the positive experience. If you haven't been, go!

Visited June 2012

Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a very popular place in Lexington. It is always packed. I know of two locations.....Fayette Mall and Hamburg. The Fayette Mall location can be difficult for parking. The waiting area is usually tight and you can wait in your car if it is too packed, but the space is rather small for such a popular place. Eclectic is a good adjective for the atmoshere. And some men may be turned off by the outward appearance. But the food is very comfty, southern style.

We have had a variety of things on the menu. The french onion soup is the best I have ever had. Loaded with cheese and onions. The cheese and bacon burger is above average. Big Breakfast is good chice for something different. Chicken and waffles is something different and fun. But not a favorite as the chicken was all dark meat. I had high expectations for the hot brown pizza. It was small and disappointing. But it does not downgrade the overall score as there are so many things on the menu.

The chocolate fondue was not all that either. It just would not heat up like one would expect for the chocolate. Some of the items are a bit overpriced and some are just right. It is a place that must be tried more than once to get a good feel of what you like on the menu.

Our family favorite is the Steak and Beer Cheese Nachos. It is around ten bucks. We like to order these as a carry out item as a fun meal/snack. Sometimes we order two for a family of five. And dinner is solved with this delicious choice. Ordering carry out saves on the drinks or waiting in the long lines.

I must add that one time back in March we had guests from out of town we took here. The four of us ordered and somehow my meal was not brought out. It was inconvienent and the waiter apologized. As well as the manager and even the cook came out and took credit for missing it on the ticket. My meal was offered for free and you could tell they were really upset by this major mistake. They do care about customer service and provide it well. If there is a mistake, they make it right. There are some minor issues, but overall I cannot complain about this great place to eat.

• Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“good all-around "american" restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Enjoyed the pizza I ate here--they have multiple different unique pizzas. Not so fond of the chicken & waffles. They were ok but not excellent. Desserts delicious! I enjoyed eating here as they had a little of everything--good crowd pleaser but nothing I must have again.

Visited May 2012
Kentucky
“Average and Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

No huge disappointments here, just nothing great to report either.

Food was average (I got the pizza with others in my party ordering a variety of items), service was average, ambiance average, and the prices were too high. I found no reason to return. There are other options close by that offer more menu choices and better prices and ambiance.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank roxian
Morristown, Tennessee
“Rip off Hot Brown Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Was excited to try the Hot Brown pizza but was very disappointed in the size of the $14 pie.... It was like an appetizer of thin cheese bread- I also ordered the fish tacos- they were tremendous, I'll have to say. Nice pub, though, and very unique.

1 Thank Easttnwbg