“Great Service and Good Food”
Review of JJ McBrewster's - CLOSED

JJ McBrewster's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Sanford, NC
“Great Service and Good Food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were a family of six, including 2 children. The BBQ beef, pork, chicken and mutton were very good to excellent. We asked for it to come without sauce, and we tested the four sauces on the table. Each had its own special qualities which enhanced the meat. The Beef Brisket was low on the food list. It was tough and hard to chew. Can't say I can recommend it! The veggies were good, not great. The mac and cheese and fries were excellent, but the other sides were mushy and over cooked. The bread was excellent for the sandwiches and the corn muffins were very good. However, the muffins were very small for the price you pay.

The service is top notch. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. By far the best part of our meal.

Overall, I would say that I would not hesitate to eat there again for a BBQ sandwich with slaw, if I happened to be hungry and was driving by, but it would not be the a place I would go out of my way to go eat when there are so many other good restaurants in the area.

• Visited December 2012

Akron, Ohio
“Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wanting to change things from the day to day fast-food chains, I found J.J. McBrewsters on Food Networks: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. What an absolute delicous gem. How can you describe food in words? The pulled pork and half chicken, the meals my husband and I chose, were so tender, flavorful, and hot and spot on. Choosing the potato salad, mac-n-cheese and green beans as sides was a great decission. We enjoyed being able to sample multiple barbecue sauces. The service was prompt and enjoyable. Price is not an issue at all. Outstanding for any budget. The menu has so many things to choose from. You can return over and over again and never get the same thing. A diner to spread the word about.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank rescueagreyhound
East KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Following a DDD review, I found this restaurant to have really good barbeque, polite staff, but the restaurant really lacks in character. The food was great, and I did return for a second visit in a week, but I did “take home” (to the hotel) the second time.

• Visited November 2012
Linden, Michigan
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We found this restaurant on the list of "Diners, Drive-in's and Dive's" and wanted to try it (since we love barbeque). The staff greetly us very warmly upon entering the restaurant and we were promptly served. The food was excellent - hot, tasty and the barbeque pulled pork and chicken very tender. The side dishes are very generous and delicious as well. The decor inside is very tastefully done and clean. Would highly recommend this to families or individuals - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Bar-B-Q!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

J.J. McBrewster's has great bar-b-q chicken, beef, lamb, & pork (pulled pork is my fav)! Fast place for lunch and a great idea for tailgating for football (Go CATS)! Good prices & fast service.

• Visited September 2012