“A Hidden Gem...and Dairy-free if you ask”

Taj India Indian Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 951 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Indian Restaurant, Indian Buffert, Family Restaurant, Seven Days Serves.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Last night marked my fifth meal at this restaurant. Every time I've gone there, the food has been excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful, always welcoming. Besides the superb offerings, I am pleased that many of the selections can be made without dairy upon request. There are a few dishes that, due to the essential needs of the recipe, cannot be made without milk or butter. But most can.

What I have tried and loved: Nan of various types (without butter - have to ask); Vegetable Pakoras; Chana Saag (chick peas with spinach); Mixed Vegetables; Banghan Bartha (eggplant and vegetables). There are more on my list to try. I usually ask for "medium" hot, and for me it is perfect: spicy, but doesn't overpower the flavors of the food. The chef knows what he is doing. Taj India received an excellent review in the local newspaper on June 7, 2013 (the article is available at each table).

As another reviewer mentioned, Raj has served us a few times, and he is very accommodating, explaining where needed, wanting to be sure that everything is done well. He has always helped to make our meals memorable.

If you are in the mood for Indian food, or just want a great meal, do go here. It's just one block off busy Richmond Road, and well worth the visit.

3  Thank Angela H

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our first visit to an Indian restaurant, and it was so wonderful, we can't stop talking about it. Our server was Raj, he bent over backward to make sure every need was taken care of. We chose the Chicken Chili and Lamb Vindaloo. Both were outstanding, but the Lamb Vindaloo was unforgettable. I can't wait to go back. Next time I will go at lunch for their $7.99 buffet which includes hot tea and their marvelous house coconut ice cream. See you there!

4  Thank Loganiii
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have ordered off the menu in the past but did try to buffet on this visit. I was happy with most of the dishes. The chicken curry didn't have as much taste as I hoped nor the chicken tikka masala. I loved the lentil curry, spinach curry, naan, and fried bread. The pakoras were great too. I loved that they had hot tea on the buffet, I could drink that all day. The staff are very friendly and genuine here and care about what you think. I'll be back when I get my next Indian craving! Prices are great here as well.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Taj is best place to dine. I visit lots of indian restaurant but that place I like too much. Food is amazing. staff is friendly. I like this restaurant.

1  Thank rrddff
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Me and my wife celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary with 40 friends in Taj India recently. If you want to host a party of 40-50 friends, with Indian food...this is the place. We had this huge place to ourselves, decorated the place according to our wish, played our own music and danced till 11PM. As usual, the food buffet was excellent and very reasonably priced. The owners were very welcoming! The bar service was also nice.
Wah Taj!