“Very peaceful”
Review of Lexington Cemetery

Lexington Cemetery
Ranked #7 of 122 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1824, this is considered one of America's most beautifully landscaped cemeteries.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nice place to reflect. The grounds are well taken care of by the staff. No one seems to be in a rush and are very respectful of their surroundings.

1  Thank james326Chicago
There are newer reviews for Lexington Cemetery

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Really neat old cemetery. Also the site of where Henry Clay is buried. This cemetery is also large enough to drive your car through.

1  Thank steveh327
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Arlington and then Punchbowl Cemetery in Hawaii are probably the best landscaped and designed cemeteries in the US but this one certainly deserves a visit if you are in the area.

We walked around for about 3 hours, enjoying the Fall weather and the changing leaves. This place is fairly large so budget time to roam.

There are many old stones, many inspiring monuments and many beautiful designs among the rolling hills.

I was impressed at the variety of trees in this cemetery. Many of which I'm fairly certain don't grow back north where I am from. It also can be very quiet depending on where you are there with the occasional car driving through.

There was a very sad marker, one that will probably stick with me whenever I think of Lexington. It was in (what I think was) the northern area of the cemetery. The tall stone was surrounding a 10"x5" stained glass picture of a locomotive train engine. It was for a five year old that passed away just before Christmas in 2007. The writing on the stone was beautiful and heart touching. I wanted to hug the parents after finding it.

The message focused on how nothing loved is ever lost and I found that sentiment beautiful among the falling leaves, gentle breeze and old memories.

1  Thank Tom-in-CT
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was a short trip but I was amazed at the beauty of the town we are planning a trip back next summer just to have a chance to vist the sites. and go shopping I, always try and shop whenever we go to a different town. The people we encountered were very very nice and friendly and we are looking forward to our vist bach in the summer of 2103

1  Thank grandma212
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It seems weird, but I love cemeteries. there is something peaceful and romantic about them. This cemetery is filled with gorgeous memorials. Its a peaceful place to walk and spend time reading all of the old stones.

1  Thank Wolfsbane1991