This is a very highly rated hotel in Lexington, and I'll admit that it's nicer than many places you'll stay. That being said, I have a few qualms with the property. (I want to give it 3 stars, but it was an overall good stay).
We stayed two nights, checking in late on a Friday. No problem, at all. We know Lexington well, so the location, while not in downtown, is close enough to everything (a highlight--check out the Lex. National Cemetery down the road from the hotel---awesome if you love history!)
One issue was the VERY squeaky floor in our third floor room. I feel the the people below us. It was bad and so squeaky!
The breakfast was simple and not so great. Eggs were gross and the biscuits and gravy were not tasty. Coffee was good, and lots of fruit was available. The highlight was easily the pancake machine. I want one for my house!
My biggest issue was what happened on Saturday night. There was a MASSIVE storm that swept through Kentucky, causing tornado warnings throughout the area (the sirens went off in town). After our hotel lost power, I went downstairs to inquire about what to do in case of severe weather (it was pretty severe at that time, but no tornadoes). The lady working the desk didn't know what to do, didn't seem to care, actually, and was more concerned about finding a cigarette to smoke since she couldn't do work due to the power outage. All employees should at least know where guests should go in case of bad weather. So, if the weather is nice when you stay there, you'll have no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Offers Comfortable Accommodations in Lexington, KY Take a Take a virtual tour of the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Lexington Northeast is located near many of Lexington s corporate centers and horse racing facilities. Just a few miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX), corporate travelers will find our hotel in Lexington close to many businesses. Within one mile, there are 23 major companies including Amazon.com, Coca-Cola Bottling, TAC AIR, FedEx and UPS. Within two miles, you'll find Rupp Arena and the University of Kentucky, the Lexington Convention Center and downtown Lexington.Our hotel is near the Keeneland Race Course, Red Mile Race Course is also nearby. The Kentucky Horse Park, located 10 minutes from our Lexington accommodations, offers museums and exhibits about horse racing, as well as a venue for equestrian and racing competitions. Downtown Lexington boasts museums, historic homes and unique shops. No matter what brings you to Lexington, our hotel offers guests premium amenities, including free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a free hot Express Start breakfast. You'll enjoy the lovely new rooms along with the well-equipped Fitness Center and heated pool that are open every day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington Northeast
- Holiday Inn Express Lexington