“My kind of place!”

Ranked #51 of 962 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Pizza is our Art, Beer is our Muse, Good times are always on our menu. Home of the UK Wildcat fans.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stopped in here for a couple brewskys and they had a great selection of craft beers. I got a pizza that was delicious and I really liked the vibe/atmosphere here. I was solo and didn't feel awkward at all. I would love to go here again, if I'm ever in Lexington I surely will!

BoomerO26, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thanks for the review! We are glad you enjoyed the mellow experience. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in Lexington. Stay mellow!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our family wanted to kick up our heels to celebrate my son's graduation from Berea College. To savor the flavor of good Kentucky beer we were compelled to visit this charming resturant in Lexington. Even on Derby Day there was no waiting. The Kentucky Boubon Ale was on tap and now tops our family list of favorites. The pizza selection offered enchanting variety. The service was quick and very courteous (Thanks, David). I look forward to visiting again some day. This wonderful destination should be on everyones bucket list.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently visited Lexington and at dinner time I searched for restaurants, with a craving for pizza and beer in mind. We found this one went in and it was crowded. However 2 seats at the bar opened up and we grabbed them! Possibly the best choice all weekend. The vibe was definitely college age but extended to families with children. The pizza was hand made from our choice of ingredients and delicious as well as made in open view. Everyone is so friendly in the south and I quickly got to know the 2 UK seniors next to me. It was a very good choice for dinner.
I cant answer the questions as to delivery etc but you wont go wrong even if you have to wait a bit!

Thanks for the review! We are glad you had a chill Mellow experience. Come by anytime, and stay mellow!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not sure the staff has washed there hair in a few years. Service was slow, they where to high to get the order out. To many good places in area to risk it again there. Rather get a pizza pizza and eat on the curb with bum. Pretty sure i caught something walking in the door. Just make sure your up to date on all your shots first. Maybe the smell of dirty hippie will help disguise the taste of the food.

Thanks for the feedback. We strive for excellent service and great food so we apologize that you did not get the true Mellow experience. Email Boomer@Mellowmushroomchs.com so we can make your next visit a great one. Stay mellow!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am vegan and usually the best I can hope for at a pizza place is a vegan crust so I can have cheeseless pizza. This place offers vegan cheese, and toppings can include tofu and tempeh! The crust and sauce were quite good.

The reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that they were not very generous with the topics.

We got take-out, so no comments on the atmosphere. They do not offer delivery.

Jennifer H, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thanks for your review - we're glad you dig our many vegan options. We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy a slice of Mellow, so we work hard to provide plenty of options. Besides our vegan options, we also have Gluten Free dough and only use the freshest ingredients. Come see us again and stay Mellow in the meantime!

Been to Mellow Mushroom? Share your experiences!