“Favorite of bourbon distilleries.”

Wild Turkey Distillery
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my favorite in comparison to Makers Mark, Woodford & Buffalo Trace. Why, because the drive is pretty out to Wild Turkey, there is no charge for the tour and the gift shop had the best prices of them all. We had to take a shuttle up to the manufacturing buildings but they are expecting to open a new welcome center this year. I will be going back!

1  Thank Jolis
"railroad bridge"
"distilling process"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Fun tour and will only get better as Grupo Campari continues to invest a great of money into this operation. They acquired Wild Turkey a couple of years ago and you could tell someone at Corporate has extremely high expectations. From investing on new distilleries, massive warehouses and what looks to be a cutting edge Tasting room / visitor center on the river. Can't wait to see that if I return to the region.

Friendly staff but this group will be in for a treat when the new facility opens.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The tour was FREE! Wild Turkey was going through renovations when my boyfriend and I went in the spring of 2013. They had just recently upgraded to a larger bus that would hold more people per group and are building a new bottling plant as well as a new visitors center. The tour guide we were blessed to have had just came back from another job and was very excited to become a tour guide for the distillery again quoting, "I know I will be here for the rest of my career". She was very informative and made us feel like we were apart of the Wild Turkey family. The quick video gives a background of the company and their master distillers. Each part of the tour was just enough time to take in the sights and smells of what goes into Wild Turkey bourbon. The tour guide was also willing to take pictures of groups whenever needed.

As an added bonus, the tour guide took us to and original rack house. I know it was original because the doors were built for "tall" people which was an average of 5'7" when the rack house was built. You also get to see the beautiful view of the "S" bridge, the only one left in the United States. Unlike some other reviews, we got the whole story on where the name Wild Turkey came from and how the company was able to survive during Prohibition.

The last part of the tour was the tasting. You were allowed to try two different types of bourbon in their family of bourbons. But that wasn't the best part, the master distiller Jimmy walked in as we were tasting and would answer any questions we had. It was absolutely mind blowing to me because I thought the master distiller was a behind the scenes person but not at Wild Turkey! He would even sign bottles you bought and he kindly signed my KYBT passport. Meeting Jimmy was truly special and gave me another reason to respect the bourbon distilled at the facility.

**I must admit, I went to every distillery's bathroom facilities. This one had a great upkeep :)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The tour itself is fun and interesting. We were first here when the new section opened 2 years ago and a lot has changed since then. I would have given this an excellent review but our guide was a bit arrogant and didn't seem want to answer questions out of sequence with his tour. We asked where wild turkey got it's name and he said "I'll tell you on the bus" and then didn't tell us. He eventually told us when we got to the tasting room. He also seemed to have a bad attitude about being a so-called volunteer for the tours. He also didn't seem to have a high regard for Russell. Other than the tour guide, we had a good time.

1  Thank kkitt