“Cool merchandise and decent tour of distillery”

Wild Turkey Distillery
Milton
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Cool merchandise and decent tour of distillery”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Production undergoing major modern expansion. Neat to see the history of the business but recent improvements seem to be replacing the character of the business. Nice tour and great tasting, still well worth the trip.

Visited November 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good tour”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wild Turkey is one of several bourbon distilleries along the "bourbon trail". They offer free tours, free samples afterwards and have a good gift shop. I also went to the Buffalo Trace distillery and by comparison, I would say this was not as good. It is interesting to see mass scale production facilities. Visitors are permitted to enter the mash rooms and see the yeast in action! I would not recommend bringing children to this attraction. There were 5 children on our tour and I think it suffered for that. I may have enjoyed it more under other circumstances.

Visited November 2012
Murray, Kentucky
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great tour! Enjoyed my visit”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm not a bourbon drinker, but I am from Kentucky so appreciate and respect the bourbon industry in my state. The tour was really good. Our guides were very knowledgable and personable. This was my first distillery tour and I really learned a lot. The free samples at the end of the tour was much appreciated!

Visited September 2012
ohio
“Gobble Gobble...down those free samples!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stopped by the Wild Turkey Distillery on October 20, 2012 and took the 3:30 PM tour, which was free. We were very fortunate to have Bruce Russel, grandson of Master Distiller Jimmy Russel, as our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about the distilling process and also provided some personal insights into the work his family does there.
The tour began at the visitor center/gift shop and was comprised of a small group (approximately 20 or so). We were transported, via bus, to the distilling plant where we watched a short video and then toured the facility. There were a some steps. At the conclusion of the tour, we were taken back to the visitor center where we were guided into a tasting room. There, Bruce explained a little about the history and flavor of each of their 6 offerings. Each guest was offered 2 small samples at no cost.
All staff members were very friendly and willing to answer questions. You could find a collection of their Wild Turkey products, as well as t-shirts, hoodies, and other branded collectibles in their gift shop.
A barrel made to look like a turkey would make a cute photo op for a little one.

Visited October 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Potential to be great”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I will start this review by saying that I love Wild Turkey. 101 is my go to bourbon. I also usually have a bottle of the single barrel as well. I also love the merchandising and the gift shop was great.
I am in the tourism industry, and I love tours- and I wasn't very impressed with our tour guide. He didn't have enough energy for me and in general I thought he was a little to dry and quiet. I also thought that the video was a little low and I had a hard time hearing it from where I was sitting.
On a good note, I will say that the staff in the gift shop was extremely helpful, and everyone was really friendly.

Visited October 2012