“No tour and tasting was disorganized!”
Review of Four Roses

Four Roses
Book In Advance
More Info
$129.00*
and up
Bourbon Trail Tour to Makers Mark, Four Roses and Alltech
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Not their fault but we were to late for the last tour of the day. We were told for $5.00 we could participate in a tasting. We almost missed our tour at Wild Turkey just down the road because they were giving a private tasting to a group. We were not told of this or we would have never waited - not worth the stop. Suggestion is to call ahead and then decide.

There are newer reviews for Four Roses

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a beautiful distillery to visit. The flowers and pots are wonderful. We did not do the tour but did the tasting. The tasting room has a lot of things to buy and they had the best selection of bourbons to buy that you could not buy elsewhere. The tasting guide, Leila, was very informative and very funny. This is a great place to visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is on the Bourbon Trail, and is a nice facility. But, they are not in production during the hot summer months (lack of cooling water) which makes it less interesting than some other distilleries. And, the bottling is done at a different facility, but the one tour ticket will get you into both of them. Building are somewhat unique, and could use some outside cleaning. Grounds are nice, and the gift shop has a lot of selections. Tour guide was informative. But I think I would prefer to go to a distillery where they are in production, and I could see the whole operation in one place.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The video they start with is about Four Roses and interesting facts about international sales but they don't let you taste that brand. Tour is interesting as they take you in the working distillery and let you get up close, not like Wild Turkey. You will walk up and down stairs and get a first hand look inti the distilling process. Gift shop is overpriced . Tasting was great because there were only six in our group. I don't think the tasting room and guide would be good for a larger group. Smaller groups are better for a tour such as this. I would not return to this distillery, once was enough.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I are in the middle of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and our last trip to Kentucky, we visited Four Roses. This was a good tour but not the best we have been on. The tour starts out with a cheesy video (read: advertisement) for Four Roses. I honestly could have done without this bit and feel strongly that it should be dropped from the tour. The tour guide was much more interesting and entertaining and told us about everything in the video as we went along anyways. I can't remember our tour guide's name which is unfortunate because she was great (we visited Saturday, June 14 for the 2:30pm tour if there are management reading this). She was one of the more entertaining and funny tour guides we have seen. Her pacing was great, she was always available for questions and threw in a joke or two at the right moment. The tasting at the end of the tour is good and includes all three of the bourbons sold in the US.