“Should have kept driving”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Reviewed December 25, 2007

Pulled in to the Holiday Inn Express at two in the morning looking for a place to stay. The room was fine, so I can't say the stay was terrible. But it was far less than ok.

The front desk service was terrible. That goes for the night clerk and the morning clerk. The breakfast was cold. And the clerk started putting things away at 9:20.

I should have kept driving...

• Stayed: December 2007

Reviewed October 11, 2007

I stayed at HI in LaGrange for 3 days. It was horrible. The breakfast was all cold. The cinnamon buns were stale. Front desk service was horrible!! Every time I asked a question, I would get blown off as if I were bothering them. The rooms weren't clean. There was food in the microwave when I got there, and I was told to clean it out and it'd be taken off my credit card. The rooms are expensive and I was over-charged by $70, and it still hasn't been fixed. If I had known then what the rooms and service were going to be like, I would have slept in the car.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank TheOneAndOnly2007
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Booked four rooms for our youth group traveling through the area. The beds were excellent and so were the pillows. I loved that the pillows were labeled. The beds were so comfortable and I slept very well. The breakfast was very good and the staff attentive to requests. This was the best H.I. experience ever.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed May 2, 2007

I stayed here recently for pre derby fireworks. It was really a fantastic experience. Room interior along with all other hotel areas was excellent. Staff on service was always charged up to help in the best way they could. I decided to stay at the same place for my next year pre derby season. I would recommend all my friends and collegues to visit them and enjoy their artistically designed stay. Pool,Wireless,fantastic breakfast and superior levels of service adds top of it. Newly designed furniture including recently changed beddings gives you home like atmosphere along with superior comfort.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Average accomodations with some bedding problems. Helpful with finding a 'not so flat' pillow. The door would not close and lock by itself. We had to slam it. Staff was helpful when asked. I was overcharged on my MC and am trying to get the hotel to credit my card. Will see.

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank Old_Retired_Guy
Reviewed October 14, 2006

I stayed here for 2 nights several weeks ago while traveling on business. For those trying to find the hotel, make sure you make a right at the first light off the highway- it's very easy to miss! But there are plenty of places to turn around.

This HIE is located right off the highway, and directly across from a Super Walmart. There are several places to dine nearby, including a cracker barrel.

When I stayed there, they were in the process of putting new furniture in the rooms. The furniture was VERY nice. The sink area was huge and the bathroom was also quite roomy. It was very clean.

My one beef would be that they are spending all this money on the new furniture, but don't yet have the HIE bedding. Instead, they have the old-school hotel bedding which just isn't comfortable. As a customer, i'd rather have the much more comfortable (and attractive) HIE bedding than the standard hotel fair.

The staff was SUPER friendly. I was originally only supposed to stay for one night, but ended up having to stay an additional night. The staff made it easy. They were super friendly in recommending places to eat in the area and things to do. Note: this location really is not near much in the way of entertainment. There's not much shopping around, besides Walmart.

There is an indoor pool, but NO GYM, which was disappointing.

The soda machines were suprisingly reasonable- $1 for a bottle of Coke!

They have a computer and printer available to the guests, which was great for printing out my boarding pass ahead of time.

Everything was very clean and the people were as friendly as I could ask for!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank danilynn17
Reviewed September 16, 2006

I spent last night at this Holiday Inn Express - you be the judge...
The first room was a king jacuzzi suite - I arrive, unpacked and headed out for a meeting but when I tried to leave the door would not lock. The front desk clerk said her manager would arrive sometime in the next 4 hours and he would address the issue then. I had to pack back up and move my stuff into a friend's room. When I returned from the meeting a knew clerk was at the desk and new nothing of the problem. She called the manager and his sollution was to "slam the door really hard". Instead the clerk moved me to a regular room on the 2nd floor. OK - all is well until I pull back the bed spread to go to sleep. HAIR!!! and not a long one (if you know what I mean). At this point the hotel is completely booked and I am in my pj's. "Just please get me a clean blanket - I have to get up in 6 hours and need to get some sleep." You will have to come to the front desk, thers is no one here to bring you one. OK - dressed again and heading down stairs to get one of the worst blankets I have ever seen in my life. It was half the size of the bed, stained and holes.

The only good thing about this hotel was the clean lobby and interior corridors. There are several other hotels in the area and I would certainly give one of them a try if I had to return to the area.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo