“Love the Rover Too”

Cuisines: Pub
Louisville, KY
“Love the Rover Too”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed another great meal tonight. As usual it was a wonderful evening out. We are never disappointed when we easy at the Rover Too. Great food, great service, laid back atmosphere and a wonderful server named Brandy who was polite, prompt and so very pleasant. We encourage everyone to give the Rover Too a try. kudos to everyone there for another great date night!

7 Thank doctrkr

Fort Thomas,Kentucky
“Great service and food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful day in LaGrange . We went to the Cherry House furniture store on rt 53 east.Great Christmas displays from Sep 29 thru Christmas..a real must see. Then our friends and us dropped by the Irish Pub. We were greeted upon arrival and escorted to the table (close up front(since my husband is handicaped).Amanda was our server and asvised us all food made from scratch and coffee ground for richer taste.She said they would brew a new batch just for us. She explained the menu.My husband had Banggers and Mash(sausages and potatoes) which was very good.I had fish and chips which also was fried just right.The other couple both had the bb club sandwich.It had a spread made of cream cheese,a little mayo and cucombers which had been mixed in a food processer and bacon on sour dough bread.They found is to be very tasty..she was originally from Germany and her husband lived all over the world in the military.So they know what is good.Then my husband and I split a pudding desert with carmel drizzel.It reminded me of the wonderful pudding we had in England.Our friends tasted it and said the next time they will get it.Then back on the road for the 80 plus miles home.Great weather and a great eating experience. by the way the train runs thru the city and while eating it is very close.Kids would love it..we did.i

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank Charleen V
Burlington, Kentucky
“Quick and Tasty”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stopped in for lunch during the Louisville Ironman. We were seated right away. I had the fish and chips which was very good and my daughter had a BLT with a special sauce. We both enjoyed our meals. Atmosphere as great. Feels like and old pub! Server was friendly and prompt. We will eat here again!

Visited August 2012
5 Thank Jrath01
Louisville, Kentucky
“Food and Service for 10”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family was in town from Florida and we called ahead for reservations for 10. The staff was happy to comply and our table was ready when we arrived. The added bonus was the table was only steps away from the haunted portion of the restaurant which the kids loved. I had the fish and chips and a pint of Guiness and both were very good. The Guiness anywhere but Ireland can only be so good, but that is not their problem as servers. At least it was poured correctly. The Irish Rover is a great spot for family and friends in a casual atmosphere. Another added bonus is a train came through town during dinner. For those who don't know, LaGrange is only one of three cities in the United States with the train tracks going through the middle of town.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Michael S
Louisville, Kentucky
“Bland food - good beer”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

For some reason, this place is packed every Friday and Saturday night. The service is slow and unattentive. The food was really disappointing. No wonder the Irish fled their homeland in droves if the food was this bland. I don't eat fish but hear the fish&chips are good. The only food item I can recoreview is the Scotch egg appetizer.

5 Thank Mojofishing