“Not A Bad Place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Campton, Kentucky
“Not A Bad Place”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because my husband had a training for his job. We always read reviews on trip advisory before staying anywhere!! There were a couple of complaints from other reviewers but nothing bad enough to scare me off. The staff was friendly and the building was "nice". The rooms have clearly been remodeled all except the bathrooms. The doorway going into the bathroom was a little on the small side. The bathroom alone brought my review down one star. With my husband having a training they aloud us to have a late checkout so that bumped it back up to four stars for me. ( All hotels start out with 4 stars...you either earn the other one or you loose them). This one lost a star but quickly gained with their kindness. All in all this was a great place to stay. Would I stay here again.....yeah sure!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lhalsey
Dee M, General Manager at Best Western Ashbury Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our survey and review our hotel as your satisfaction is very important to us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and just wanted to let you know that we have already started on remodeling the bathrooms. We just had all new bathtubs and tub surrounds delivered to the property and have already begun construction. So we hope to see you again soon to show off our new bathrooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have stayed at this Best Western every year that we go to Ohio to visit my sister. I was very pleased with service and rooms, only one time was I disappointed and that was when we came and the pool was worked on, it was closed. I have enjoyed staying here and look forward to next year...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Nancy Y
DETROIT, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Have a great stay every time I come here, preferred location of my employer for our out of town stay, when we;re in the area. Always friendly staff, hopefully one day I will be able to review the breakfast, I leave in the evening! Awesome staff, comfortable and clean...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Jameal M
fort campbell, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I will be using Best Western in my travels, hopefully the service it as good elsewhere. The night before I stayed at a Red Roof Inn. the room smelled like smoke, it was dirty, bed was terrible, I felt dirty after my stay and the staff didn't seem to care.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Robin B
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at this property on a long return drive from Florida to Ohio. We did not have a reservation and were simply ready to stop at the first functional place we could find. The staff was very welcoming, set us up with two rooms at a very reasonable rate and made a couple recommendations for dinner nearby, even at 9pm.

The property location is very convenient: close to the highway, gas stations, restaurants and a Walgreens nearby.

It is clearly an older property that has had a bit of a face-lift. The beds were great and the furnishings were what you would expect. Roomy and functional rooms. The bathrooms were dated, but clean and functional - nothing to complain about!

Breakfast was your basic continental set-up with some nice coffee additions and again an incredibly friendly staff to great you and get you back on the road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ellen K
Raleigh nc, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Lagrange the staff here are very friendly and will make your stay enjoyable. this hotel goes out of their way to make sure your stay goes well. I will be coming back to this hotel in the feature

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

La Grange, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Asked the staff to unclog the shower and clean excrement residue in toilet. Not sure if either was done. Shower was still clogged upon second use, and toilet still had suspicious brown residue in bowl. Gross!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank Catherine L
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Grange
Quality Suites
#4 of 4 in La Grange
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville North
Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast
Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast

Been to Best Western Ashbury Inn? Share your experiences!