“Best Western Always”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Somerville Ohio
“Best Western Always”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed here 6-8 times a year for the last 2 years while competing at horse shows in Shelbyville and Louisville. The rooms are large, clean and quiet.The beds are very comfortable and the showers are really good (plenty of pressure and hot water). The staff has always been cheerful and willing to resolve any issues (although I haven't any problems) they always ask if i need anything. The breakfact has a good selection of fruit, pastries, cereal and hot food.
There is a selection of places to eat within walking and short driving distances.
It is really a good "home away from home".
We travel several months of the year showing horses and have found the Best Westerns to be clean, comfortable and reasonable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cuthorse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When getting ready to go to sleep, I found a bug crawling up beside me. I killed it and researched on the internet from my phone to determine that it was a BED BUG. I called the front desk to let them know what I had found and that I would be leaving. There was no surprise in their voice and they told me they would let housekeeping know in the morning. I asked if they would like to come see the bug or keep it to show their pest control people and they said no. I was shocked! It seemed as though they were aware they had this problem.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank concernedtraveler42
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed here twice and will be back. Very friendly staff and nice pool. Close to I-71 and
a great mexican restaurant. The room was clean a very comfortable bed. The room was quiet at nice and breakfast was good enough. I would recommeend to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal Oak, MI
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just stayed the night on our way somewhere else. Very friendly staff at check in and checkout. Comfortable beds. No-smoking rooms available. Temperature controls were quite satisfactory. Would definitely stay again .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wla2000
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Decided to stay in this area because we wanted something away from the big cities,since we were just passing through for the evening. Picked this hotel based on other trip advisor reviews. This is a property that does allow smoking & we are non-smokers, so it was to my suprise our room was directly across & besdide smoking rooms. Also, one of the people working on the property was fixing the roof right outside our room & lit up a cigarette as he worked! I didnt appreciate it because we have a small child. I wish i would have known the hotel is undergoing renovation. There were leaking windows/doors when it downpoured this evening, water laying everywhere near entrance to hotel. Our room is exactly what we paid for..below average. Old stained dirty carpet, carpet peeling up, tile falling apart in bathroom. If it weren't for being hungry & tired, we would have asked for a refund & gone somewhere else. I wouldnt recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Trendytraveler0611
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

A clean, comfortable and friendly hotel - what more can you want?
The breakfast was self service but better than I expected, and someone always on hand in case you had any difficulty. Porridge, waffles, pancakes, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, fruit juice, tea, coffee etc.
My only complaint was that we were not informed that the swimming pool did not open until memorial day, I was very disappointed at that. Otherwise a quiet area with plenty of restaurants around - Appleby's, Wendy's, Macdonalds, Subway, Mexician, Steak House, Waffle House etc. all within walking distance
No problem recomending this Hotel

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and at the back, we did not go upstairs so cannot comment, but I think i...