“Nothing special”
Review of Rails - CLOSED

Rails
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Dined here on Valentines Day. Food was average, service attentive but just lacked some things you come to expect. The biggest complaint was no bread or crackers with the salads and soup. Might return for lunch.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The atmosphere is nice, but the food is expensive. I got the lamb, and received three small lamb chops. The food tasted good, but I left the restaurant still hungry. I know a lot of people want to have an expensive eatery close to home, but for me I don't want to go home looking for something to eat after a meal out.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The food was to die for, and the portion sizes were huge (be prepared to bring some home!) It was a little pricey, but well worth it in my opinion and the atmosphere was wonderful especially when a real train passed by only feet away.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I must admit I didn't try everything on the menu. I've had several variations of Pasta Premavera but never this variation. I've had some that had no sauce at all and some that had a light cream covering. This variation had a sauce that tasted like water, totally ruining the dish. What makes this worse is the ex chef is sitting at the bar where we are eating, he asked how is it? I said it watery, he looked at it and said that's not right it not supposed to be like that. I'll make you another personally, he goes back to the kitchen 3 minutes later he comes back out and goes to another part of the dining room. The dish comes back out more veggies and cherry tomatoes but the same watery sauce! I eat a couple of veggies and tell the waitress that I'm sorry I can't eat this and I'll pay for it and gave her a good tip. Honestly this ex chef better figure out what good food is and quickly or the owner stands to lose his butt.

1  Thank Cpteddy
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

First clue should have been the intense odor of fish when we walked in. I had the grilled salmon. Over cooked and bland. My fiancé had the pasta primavera, which was watery. They fixed him another and it was no better. The owner should probably fire his "executive chef" (who was busy hanging out at the bar looking more like a thug with his backward hat than a professional). We won't be back, but then, I doubt they will be open the next time we travel through anyway. On a good note, awesome selection of beer!

1  Thank Carolegilbert