“We will visit again”

One Nineteen West Main
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fun, upbeat, family-friendly with high-quality, New-Southern cuisine. A HUGE menu, huge kid's menu, and huge dessert menu with all items made from scratch, and unique desserts like "Kentucky Bacon Pie", "Fried Pineapple Upside Down Cake", "Banana Toffee Pie", and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee!
Louisville, Kentucky
“We will visit again”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I took my family here last night based upon a review I read from Richard F. It was about a 25 mile drive from our home, but it was worth the trip. My wife ordered fried green tomatoes for an appetizer and they were really good. My son ordered the kids cheeseburger and fries and he said it was the best he had ever eaten. My daughter had the grilled cheese and turkey and she loved that too. My wife had fish tacos as an entree and she really enjoyed them. However, the best part of the meal was dessert. We ordered bacon pie and the fried banana split that had fruity pebbles coated into the batter. While we were eating a huge freight train went right down the middle of the street in front of the restaurant which was pretty cool. The meal was reasonably priced and the service was good. We will visit again.

• Visited August 2014

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Lunch between Louisville and Cincinnati”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great little town with a great cafe/restaurant. One-Nineteen West Main is the address and their name, so its hard to get lost and its hard to go wrong with one of their great sandwiches.
My family and I had three great sandwiches and their Eggplant Fries with an avacado dip(Like guacamole). Very reasonable prices and nice service staff. If the weather is nice you can sit out front at their small bistro tables.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Robert C
Louisville, Kentucky
“Small Town Goodness”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've been to One Nineteen before and never had a bad meal. It has a great small town atmosphere. Had an occasion to go back with a group of friends last week. The menu has some very good variety. I looked an saw the Locomotive burger and couldn't resist ordering. The meat was coked just right and the bacon, country ham, jack cheese, onions and fried green tomato all blended just right for a delicious meal. My only regret is I didn't try the 'Fish You Wish" that some of my friends ordered. It was the largest piece of fish I've ever seen served at a restaurant. And I was told it was also delicious. I'm going back soon so I can try it.

• Visited July 2014
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
“Charming, great for families, perfect for affordable, excellent food.”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Although residents of Oldham County, we haven't had a chance to check out this LaGrange institution until recently. We were very pleased and plan to come back soon.

Several people have remarked on the atmosphere. I appreciate the unpretentiousness (and think the vintage gameboard designs on the wall are charming), but it does show its age a bit, and I can understand why a few might be put off by the surroundings. However, it would be your loss if appearances chased you away from some incredible food at very affordable prices. Families, couples and singles on the go can all find value and good eats here.

Our party of five (three adults, one tween, one toddler) began with fried pickles and "The Devil Made Me Choose It" (deviled eggs). The fried pickle breading was excellent, and I liked that it was spears instead of slices....but with three adults, the portion was too small. The deviled eggs were also good, but again, 5 eggs go fast with multiple adults. Both appetizers may have been a bit pricey for the amount of food, but we can't complain about how good they tasted.

The meal rebounded with the entrees, however. My wife and I both got the "Fruit of the Loin," pork chops cooked with granny smith apples and apple butter, and they were falling apart delicious, some of the best chops we've ever had.

In the end, prices were reasonable overall and the service attentive. The great thing about the 119 West Main menu is its unbelievable depth; there were at least a dozen other dishes we can't wait to try on future visits. And if you have room for desserts, you won't be disappointed with the choices.

Last tip: try to go when the shops of Main Street are open -- there are several good choices to make a leisurely post-meal stroll worth it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank HanLeia
“A Happy Surprise”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We were hot and hungry while walking through art shows. We stopped in here mainly to get out of the sun. There was a friendly vibe, with childrens' game boards on the walls and kites hanging from the ceiling. The menu offered thanksgiving dinner in the form of fritters, a wrap and dinner. A wide variety of options in ample portions and reasonably priced. My favorite was a side of eggplant fries. I'll make the trip to eat here again.