“Very good and I'll certainly return...!”

One Nineteen West Main
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fun, upbeat, family-friendly with high-quality, New-Southern cuisine. A HUGE menu, huge kid's menu, and huge dessert menu with all items made from scratch, and unique desserts like "Kentucky Bacon Pie", "Fried Pineapple Upside Down Cake", "Banana Toffee Pie", and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee!
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Very good and I'll certainly return...!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My first visit to One Nineteen and i loved it ! My aunt recently moved to Lagrange from Louisville and soon my mother will be living there too. We were visiting my aunt and decided to eat here. We took the waitress' advice and chose a pasta dish made w/ squash and zucchini --- very cleverly shredded to look like pasta and SO delicious. Of course it also was served w/ a generous portion of chicken --also very good! We were not disappointed and the service was fantastic--- true to the southern way of life that i'm SO used to. I am from Ky. but have lived in Ma. for several years --- i MISS the south !! This little restaurant is worth every cent...and we loved the quaint decorations on the walls! Lagrange is a lot of fun w/ all the little shops along Main St. plus the infamous Train running slowly down the middle of Main !!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Anita G

Houston, Texas
“Fabulous quaint bistro - great food and service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

On the quaint square of La Grange, this little bistro packs a great punch. Blackened salmon was to die for, the chicken salad in rye was incredible too. Service was great and full if southern hospitality. As we ate on the patio, a train slinked by - right through the square! 10' from our table! It was actually really great to see as it slowly crawled by. Kinda nostalgic. Great place!

3 Thank michaelf50
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great place with an excellent menu. By far the best restaurant in Oldham County. The Chicken-a-la-Bling is the bomb!

3 Thank Nathan W
Brookville, Ohio
“Worth the stop”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Close I-71, found this place from fellow TA reviews. Had the haute brown & peach/rhubarb cobbler. Yummy! Hannah was super! We will make a point to stop when we travel near here!

3 Thank kkcrane
Prospect, KY
“Great Menu, Good Service, Outstanding Chef who accomodated a change”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

First visit. Early Sunday Evening Dinner. Awesome high quality food reasonably priced with generous portions! I have an allergy to soy (which is in most oils, dressings and hidden in many things that restaurants use). The waitress and the chef took the time to READ all of the ingredient labels and informed me that indeed the oil they saute in is soy based as well as the dressings. He offered to use butter to saute the ingredients for the 'Sundried Tomato & Goat Cheese Chicken Quesadilla' and it was fabulous! My friend got the Haute Brown and could hardly finish the generous portion-- but did because is was so wonderful.

I would love to try everything on their menu if it weren't for allergies. I will have to try more of their items before I can say they are one of the best restaurants in the area, but I'm betting this will prove to be true if they continue with the current quality.

The only negatives-- which are greatly outweighed by the food-- are that there is little atmosphere (they could do something different with their walls ) and it would be great if they could serve wine.

Vicki A.