“Average Stay”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Front desk was friendly and fast. Rooms were ok for $80. Location was off the main road
and quite.

I'd stay again. One recommendation is add a curtain that keeps the light out. I sleep
during the day due to work. Also, the room air conditioner was a little below average.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear funny12reddog,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all the feedback from our guest that we can get. I am sorry though that you had trouble sleeping with our black out curtains up, maybe we need to take a closer look at how to make the room darker during the day. We do get a few day sleepers and it is good to know that maybe their sleep could be better if the room was darker. The next time you stay please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your stay better.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were traveling late on a Sunday night and we were tired and started looking for a hotel. We stopped at exit 44 on I-71 S and went to the Holiday Inn Express...and they wanted $130 for the night! We traveled 22 more miles to exit 22 on I-71 S and checked the Comfort Suites in LaGrange and they wanted $80.00 for the night. From the outside the hotel looked very nice. Again, checking in late I was expecting a jacked up rate but as I said it was $80.00. The people at the front desk were very friendly. The room, a doble queen, was very clean and big. In the morning, the breakfast was good and the front desk staff were also very friendly. My wife and I were very happy with our stay and very highly recommend this hotel. You would do well to stay here. So glad we drove the extra 22 miles to this hotel, you will be too. Just a note: I don't know if Holiday Inn Express is usually this high but I can't help but feel this was just a way to rip tired travelers off.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brian c
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Brian C,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We do try hard to make a good impression and to have the best hotel with the best employees around and it is wonderful to have someone tell us that we are doing a good job and appreciates all our efforts as a team.
We completed our renovations back in Feb. this year and the overall response has been tremendous, and I cannot tell you enough how having your response does us all a world of good and we know that if we continue doing what we are doing and it will be noticed.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

you are savvy enough to obtain a coupon book from the rest areas, this hotel becomes the bargain of the century. The rooms are exquisite and large, as the recent renovation has made this place a lot classier than most Comfort Suites I have visited. The breakfast offered in the lobby was fresh, delicious, and plentiful. Waffles, eggs, biscuits, very clean hotel .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Mr. Holiday,

Thank you so much for this outstanding review. We try so hard to make a good impression and have the best hotel with the best employees around and it is wonderful to have someone tell us that all was not in vain that we are doing a good job.
We completed our renovations back in Feb. this year and the overall response has been great, and I cannot tell you enough how having your response does us all a world of good and we know that if we continue doing what we are doing and it will be noticed.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I do not have internet when traveling, and never know how far hubby will drive before we stop for the night, so can't pre-plan to avoid mistakes... like stopping and checking in at this hotel. I should have asked to see a room prior to paying for it...and I will not make that mistake again. I got fooled because the lobby was okay upon entering and the lady taking the reservation was very sweet and nice! And that was the only good thing I can say about this place.

As we carried our bags out of the lobby, the musty "old" nasty smell...and the stench of cigarettes became evident in the hallway, elevator, our second floor hallway, and in our room...#211. The carpets were shabby everywhere, stained, and not clean.

It got worse in the room. Everything is SHABBY...and I'm not talking shabby chic. I mean shabby and needs complete renovation and updating.

The comforters on our beds had huge circle stains. I mean HUGE...multiple circles of stains. Who did WHAT on that bed? It really had me creeped out. Whatever...it was, it was nasty looking. So bad, that I pulled it back to see if the sheets were like that also. They were not, but there was a piece of dried grass on my sheets. In the bluegrass state...do they leave bluegrass instead of mints on your bedding?

I continued to check the mattresses themselves for bedbugs after seeing all the stained carpeting and comforters. Didn't find any, and although the comforter was very stained, I did not notice an odor, so at least I felt like they had been washed/cleaned.

The carpets were so nasty....I left my flip flops on at all times. And although I am a bathtub person, this tub had such a black and nasty bottom, that I took a shower instead of a bath, and left my flip flops on during my shower.

The wireless internet was very slow.

They do serve a hot breakfast. I had the sausages and was sick afterward, but can't say for sure that was the reason.

This overnight experience cost us $89.28.....and I would have preferred to have slept in our loaded down car parked in a roadside park.

Guess it was an expensive lesson to learn. Our next stop, I asked to see the room we'd be staying in before paying. It was at the Drury Inn in another state, and I will always seek to find a Drury Inn when traveling now....because it was older...but NICE and CLEAN...well appointed. It also was not as expensive as what we paid at this hotel.

I see other reviews that rate this hotel much higher than I have. Maybe room 211 is the only funky room? I don't know. Just ask to see your room here before you pay because you may want to keep driving. Wish I had.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 211. Nasty! Ask to see the room you will be occupying before paying and checking...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Ms. T.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet or exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. This is very hard for me to understand how any room at this hotel could be that bad since we just renovated the entire hotel. In the last 6 months since we finished there have been many guest who stayed in that room and none had a bad comment about it. I have inspected that room myself many times and never found what you found. I really hope you took pictures so that I could see for myself what those conditions were. If you did can you please email them to me? I will enclose my email address. I am really sorry that you found my hotel in that shape, I must say I am completely mortified to think it looked like that let alone someone seeing any room in this hotel in that shape.

I hope that you will exept my deepest appologies for our short comings and maybe in future give us another chance to prove ourselves.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel has welcoming staff, good breakfast, and very comfortable rooms/beds. I would definitely stay here again. I didn't want to get out of the incredibly comfortable bed. The hotel is located near a quaint little irish restaurant called irish rover too, just 0.8 miles away.

Room Tip: Room 201 is near the side exit. 1st floor would have been better
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Frances,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was booked just because my buddy and I needed a place to stay on our quick trip to Cincinnati. We were both pleased with the hotel. Although I did notice a few cobwebs and cosmetic things in the room, it was overall a clean hotel. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was spacious and had a mini fridge, microwave, and a sofa sleeper. The shower in the bathroom had plenty of water pressure. The beds were comfortable and we both got a good nights sleep.

The breakfast in the morning was fine. Nothing fancy, but they did have a waffle maker and a couple of hot food items. It also had your standard pastries. The breakfast room is a little small, but the hotel did not appear to be busy so there was no problem in finding a seat.

Check in and check out were good. Both had courteous attendants.

If I need a place to sleep again either on my way to or from Cincinnati, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Bobby31,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. We do strive very hard to make each guest stay as satisfactory and comfortable as we possibly can. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter booked this for me because of the price. I was concerned about staying here because of the poor reviews on the site, however my stay was pleasant. The hotel is older and needs refurbishing (which is the reason I give it the overall rating of 3), however, the management has tried to update as best they can. The rooms are loaded with electronic friendly plug-ins as well as a small area with a refrigerator. The Cracker Barrel is right next door and this hotel is in walking distance of the quaint downtown LaGrange. The hotel was clean and the bed was nice which is most important. The lady that checked me in was very very helpful and efficient. She set the tone for a good stay. The breakfast is typical continental, not much to get excited about.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KentuckyKay
Patricia G, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear KentuckyKay,

Super 8 La Grange KY
#3 of 4 in La Grange
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in La Grange

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!