“Wish I hadn't stopped and checked in....”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I do not have internet when traveling, and never know how far hubby will drive before we stop for the night, so can't pre-plan to avoid mistakes... like stopping and checking in at this hotel. I should have asked to see a room prior to paying for it...and I will not make that mistake again. I got fooled because the lobby was okay upon entering and the lady taking the reservation was very sweet and nice! And that was the only good thing I can say about this place.

As we carried our bags out of the lobby, the musty "old" nasty smell...and the stench of cigarettes became evident in the hallway, elevator, our second floor hallway, and in our room...#211. The carpets were shabby everywhere, stained, and not clean.

It got worse in the room. Everything is SHABBY...and I'm not talking shabby chic. I mean shabby and needs complete renovation and updating.

The comforters on our beds had huge circle stains. I mean HUGE...multiple circles of stains. Who did WHAT on that bed? It really had me creeped out. Whatever...it was, it was nasty looking. So bad, that I pulled it back to see if the sheets were like that also. They were not, but there was a piece of dried grass on my sheets. In the bluegrass state...do they leave bluegrass instead of mints on your bedding?

I continued to check the mattresses themselves for bedbugs after seeing all the stained carpeting and comforters. Didn't find any, and although the comforter was very stained, I did not notice an odor, so at least I felt like they had been washed/cleaned.

The carpets were so nasty....I left my flip flops on at all times. And although I am a bathtub person, this tub had such a black and nasty bottom, that I took a shower instead of a bath, and left my flip flops on during my shower.

The wireless internet was very slow.

They do serve a hot breakfast. I had the sausages and was sick afterward, but can't say for sure that was the reason.

This overnight experience cost us $89.28.....and I would have preferred to have slept in our loaded down car parked in a roadside park.

Guess it was an expensive lesson to learn. Our next stop, I asked to see the room we'd be staying in before paying. It was at the Drury Inn in another state, and I will always seek to find a Drury Inn when traveling now....because it was older...but NICE and CLEAN...well appointed. It also was not as expensive as what we paid at this hotel.

I see other reviews that rate this hotel much higher than I have. Maybe room 211 is the only funky room? I don't know. Just ask to see your room here before you pay because you may want to keep driving. Wish I had.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 211. Nasty! Ask to see the room you will be occupying before paying and checking...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Ms. T.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet or exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. This is very hard for me to understand how any room at this hotel could be that bad since we just renovated the entire hotel. In the last 6 months since we finished there have been many guest who stayed in that room and none had a bad comment about it. I have inspected that room myself many times and never found what you found. I really hope you took pictures so that I could see for myself what those conditions were. If you did can you please email them to me? I will enclose my email address. I am really sorry that you found my hotel in that shape, I must say I am completely mortified to think it looked like that let alone someone seeing any room in this hotel in that shape.

I hope that you will exept my deepest appologies for our short comings and maybe in future give us another chance to prove ourselves.

gm.ky110@choicehotels.com

There are newer reviews for Quality Suites

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel has welcoming staff, good breakfast, and very comfortable rooms/beds. I would definitely stay here again. I didn't want to get out of the incredibly comfortable bed. The hotel is located near a quaint little irish restaurant called irish rover too, just 0.8 miles away.

Room Tip: Room 201 is near the side exit. 1st floor would have been better
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Frances,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was booked just because my buddy and I needed a place to stay on our quick trip to Cincinnati. We were both pleased with the hotel. Although I did notice a few cobwebs and cosmetic things in the room, it was overall a clean hotel. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was spacious and had a mini fridge, microwave, and a sofa sleeper. The shower in the bathroom had plenty of water pressure. The beds were comfortable and we both got a good nights sleep.

The breakfast in the morning was fine. Nothing fancy, but they did have a waffle maker and a couple of hot food items. It also had your standard pastries. The breakfast room is a little small, but the hotel did not appear to be busy so there was no problem in finding a seat.

Check in and check out were good. Both had courteous attendants.

If I need a place to sleep again either on my way to or from Cincinnati, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Bobby31,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. We do strive very hard to make each guest stay as satisfactory and comfortable as we possibly can. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter booked this for me because of the price. I was concerned about staying here because of the poor reviews on the site, however my stay was pleasant. The hotel is older and needs refurbishing (which is the reason I give it the overall rating of 3), however, the management has tried to update as best they can. The rooms are loaded with electronic friendly plug-ins as well as a small area with a refrigerator. The Cracker Barrel is right next door and this hotel is in walking distance of the quaint downtown LaGrange. The hotel was clean and the bed was nice which is most important. The lady that checked me in was very very helpful and efficient. She set the tone for a good stay. The breakfast is typical continental, not much to get excited about.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KentuckyKay
Patricia G, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear KentuckyKay,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Chose this hotel for the jacuzzi suite, and glad I gave the place a chance, ignoring the reviews that put the place down. The price for a suite on a Friday night was very fair.

First impression were the lobby was clean, and staff very friendly. While there was small cosmetic issues, mainly paint on doors and trim.

The room was very clean, and bed was very comfortable.

My own issue with the room was again minor things. The room has had decor changes and the holes from previous paintings or mirrors were still in the wall, these are easy fixes with patch and paint. Also I expected the room to have a refrigerator, it looked a s if the refrigerator was taken out as the door was broken and sitting in the cabinet, again a minor issue, the final issue I had was the fireplace, I was looking forward to this, the heat and light worked, but the knob for flames was broken.

Now, the jacuzzi tub was great very large and easily held myself and girlfriend, and we are not small people.

The free breakfast is great as well, sausage, egg, biscuits and gravy, waffles, and much more. More than you at other places.

Overall this hotel is a hidden gem, I hope they can get the maintenance department fixing issues as I will stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the entrance side of the hotel, no noise from highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe3325
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Joe,
Dear Mick,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We are completely done with the renovations and we would love for you to come see us now.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 502-225-4125.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently during our family vacation. We were very tired and was looking for a room. The girl at the front desk, Danielle, was very helpful. She went out of her way to make my family as comfortable as possible. The hotel was being updated, and the work was really making the hotel look nice. Our room was very clean. I was very pleased to see this since I have allergies and asthma and have a hard time breathing in environments with alot of dust. The next morning we enjoyed a really good breakfast. The food was way better than we expected from a hotel. My kids really enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. We would definately stay at this hotel again. And thank you Danielle for making us feel at home away from home!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank greenygirl76
Patricia G, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel KY 110. Friendly staff, good food, and clean room. We left a souvenier in the room and I called and spoke to Tammy Muck and she delivered item to UPS to have it shipped to us. Thank you for a great stay and for the kindness from Tammy and all your staff. Gary was real easy to talk with and very helpful also. We will stay with ya'll again. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!