“Very clean hotel”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently during our family vacation. We were very tired and was looking for a room. The girl at the front desk, Danielle, was very helpful. She went out of her way to make my family as comfortable as possible. The hotel was being updated, and the work was really making the hotel look nice. Our room was very clean. I was very pleased to see this since I have allergies and asthma and have a hard time breathing in environments with alot of dust. The next morning we enjoyed a really good breakfast. The food was way better than we expected from a hotel. My kids really enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. We would definately stay at this hotel again. And thank you Danielle for making us feel at home away from home!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank greenygirl76
Patricia G, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel KY 110. Friendly staff, good food, and clean room. We left a souvenier in the room and I called and spoke to Tammy Muck and she delivered item to UPS to have it shipped to us. Thank you for a great stay and for the kindness from Tammy and all your staff. Gary was real easy to talk with and very helpful also. We will stay with ya'll again. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Patricia G, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The hotel is under renovations currently and its very much needed. This property has great potential with a little TLC. The old carpet is worn and doesnt match completely but can tell work is in progress to make this hotel better. We had a room on the backside and the noise from I-71 was minimal to my surprise. It was late when we checked in so we didnt use it but the hot tub was VERY VERY low, under the skimmers and the pool seemed to have a green tint to it, but we didnt look close at it. The room was very comfy and roomy and clean, but needed a little TLC as well (door jams needed to be repainted and new carpeting was needing). All in all I would recommend this hotel, but would better once renovations are completed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear syamaha022 ,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Remodeling is in progress and it needs it. Most everything is old and well worn. The staff was very friendly, although the housekeeping did a lot of door banging when they were cleaning rooms. Even though the carpets were worn out and the furniture was old, the room was clean, everything worked and the bed was comfy. Free breakfast was the usual waffles, microwave eggs/sausage, muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc. The location was very convenient to where we were doing business in La Grange, but make sure to ask for a room on the front side of the motel because the I-71 traffic is very loud. And you must visit Main Street La Grange where freight trains go right down the middle of the street...up to 30 a day! It is quite a sight!

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side to avoid the Interstate traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
DaysInnTellCity, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

PapaJerry,
Thanks for taking time to write review. We appreciate your comments. As you may know, this Comfort Suites in La grange KY was built in 2001, We have already commenced our 10 year major renovation work. We have already changed all new matress sets, carpets are also being replaced with new standards of Comfort suites. Our friendly staff will be willing to serve you on your next trip & you will be able to explore our new look.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I recently stayed here on a spur of the moment , from the outside it looked decent , paid $ 130 on a weekend night , arrived at 8 pm, and paid for the room then went to a local restraurant . Ate dinner and arroved back at the room two hours later to find it cold, dirty, and a smell coming from it . Went and complained to the front desk clerk who advised me i have had this room for two hours , why did i wait till now to complain . After a brief argument he switched me to another room which by no means was any cleaner or nicer. At 8 am the next morning some one was working in the room next to ours hammering and whatever else they were doing . After a talk with the manager who was just as rude and said the front desk clerk was in the right , I would never recommend this to hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: any other place but here would be better quality and professional people
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steve b
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Steve B.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that anyone on my team including myself would have been rude or uncaring of the guest situation or their feelings, that is not typical of anyone who is employeed here. I have a great staff and we have a lot of guest that compliment us for being so understanding. It is not that I do not believe you because I know my staff or myself are not perfect, we to can make mistakes. But I really would love for you to call me about this. You can reach me at the hotel number below. Please call.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 502-225-4125.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

There were only a few people staying here on Nov 13 2011 so it was quiet. The construction appears to be completed. Our suite was very nice and up to date except for probably the carpet. The bath towels were thick and soft, the king bed very comfortable, great shower spray. The jacuzzi water in the public area was cold but the pool water was warm enough to feel like a jacuzzi. We had a suite overlooking the front of the hotel and I recommend overlooking the front rather than being on the side of the freeway. Breakfast was wonderful: sausage links, egg patties, bisquits & gravy, make your own waffle and all the other usual fare. This is a great place to stay while enroute to your destination. Staff was friendly and internet service was quite good.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking front of hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bikingkat

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was booked by my agency to stay 2-fun filled days at this off the beaten path hotel in La Grange, KY. Generally we are booked at the Holiday Inn Express in town which is the newest and the best hotel. The Comfort Suites is located within walking distance of the Cracker Barrel restaurant, but nothing else is within a reasonable distance for walking.

This property was under renovation at the time of my stay. Signs of disarray are evident with construction material left in the parking lot and in the stairwells. Open vents expose the outside in the stairwells that make your descent or ascent exposed to the elements and whatever bug decides to light on your head; e.g. spiders, gnats, mosquitoes, etc.

The room is a basic room with a fridge and microwave and couch; certainly not a suite that you would identify by any other standard. The shower was more like a glorified drip. If you prefer a hotel with wireless "high speed" internet you should probably look elsewhere. The connection was low speed and intermitted. The property's back wall is very near I-71 and the road noise is very noticeable also the AC/Heating unit was loud and rattled. The evening rest was hampered by these noises.

The staff was helpful and understood the term "hospitality".

I’m not fairly certain that the property will be up-to-speed within a calculable period of time as construction and renovation appears to be ongoing.

Best bet drive on down the road or if you’re desperate to stay in La Grange; pray Holiday Inn Express has a vacancy.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for a room that overlooks the front of the property. The back is near a very busy and noisey...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jeffwes
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear jeffwes,

We have completed our renovations now and the hotel is in much better shape now than when you were here. I am sorry that you had to experience such a bad stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.