“would never recommend this hotel to anyone”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Michigan City, Indiana
“would never recommend this hotel to anyone”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I recently stayed here on a spur of the moment , from the outside it looked decent , paid $ 130 on a weekend night , arrived at 8 pm, and paid for the room then went to a local restraurant . Ate dinner and arroved back at the room two hours later to find it cold, dirty, and a smell coming from it . Went and complained to the front desk clerk who advised me i have had this room for two hours , why did i wait till now to complain . After a brief argument he switched me to another room which by no means was any cleaner or nicer. At 8 am the next morning some one was working in the room next to ours hammering and whatever else they were doing . After a talk with the manager who was just as rude and said the front desk clerk was in the right , I would never recommend this to hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: any other place but here would be better quality and professional people
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steve b
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Steve B.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that anyone on my team including myself would have been rude or uncaring of the guest situation or their feelings, that is not typical of anyone who is employeed here. I have a great staff and we have a lot of guest that compliment us for being so understanding. It is not that I do not believe you because I know my staff or myself are not perfect, we to can make mistakes. But I really would love for you to call me about this. You can reach me at the hotel number below. Please call.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 502-225-4125.

502-225-4125

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Clarkston, Mi
Reviewed November 18, 2011

There were only a few people staying here on Nov 13 2011 so it was quiet. The construction appears to be completed. Our suite was very nice and up to date except for probably the carpet. The bath towels were thick and soft, the king bed very comfortable, great shower spray. The jacuzzi water in the public area was cold but the pool water was warm enough to feel like a jacuzzi. We had a suite overlooking the front of the hotel and I recommend overlooking the front rather than being on the side of the freeway. Breakfast was wonderful: sausage links, egg patties, bisquits & gravy, make your own waffle and all the other usual fare. This is a great place to stay while enroute to your destination. Staff was friendly and internet service was quite good.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking front of hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bikingkat
Patricia G, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2013

Central, KY
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was booked by my agency to stay 2-fun filled days at this off the beaten path hotel in La Grange, KY. Generally we are booked at the Holiday Inn Express in town which is the newest and the best hotel. The Comfort Suites is located within walking distance of the Cracker Barrel restaurant, but nothing else is within a reasonable distance for walking.

This property was under renovation at the time of my stay. Signs of disarray are evident with construction material left in the parking lot and in the stairwells. Open vents expose the outside in the stairwells that make your descent or ascent exposed to the elements and whatever bug decides to light on your head; e.g. spiders, gnats, mosquitoes, etc.

The room is a basic room with a fridge and microwave and couch; certainly not a suite that you would identify by any other standard. The shower was more like a glorified drip. If you prefer a hotel with wireless "high speed" internet you should probably look elsewhere. The connection was low speed and intermitted. The property's back wall is very near I-71 and the road noise is very noticeable also the AC/Heating unit was loud and rattled. The evening rest was hampered by these noises.

The staff was helpful and understood the term "hospitality".

I’m not fairly certain that the property will be up-to-speed within a calculable period of time as construction and renovation appears to be ongoing.

Best bet drive on down the road or if you’re desperate to stay in La Grange; pray Holiday Inn Express has a vacancy.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for a room that overlooks the front of the property. The back is near a very busy and noisey...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jeffwes
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear jeffwes,

We have completed our renovations now and the hotel is in much better shape now than when you were here. I am sorry that you had to experience such a bad stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Travelers are raving about these La Grange hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

No problems, staff was helpful, everything worked fine, will come back, convenient location of exit

Room Tip: stay towards front side of the building
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Neum,

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 502-225-4125.

Arizona
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We were traveling cross country and encountered an ice storm. We had to stop for the night at a pet friendly hotel. I can not tell you how filthy this place is. When we got to the room, the toilet looked way off center. Well I used it anyway and the toilet overflowed. I quickly turned the water off. Went to the front desk told the man on duty and he offered me a plunger. Well we ended up in another room after I refused to work on the toilet.... Everything about it makes me sick that we even stayed there. Sleep quality was none, I just kept thinking get me out of here. If we would have had to stay another day because of the weather I would have stayed in my car.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TDBArizona
Patricia G, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. There are no words to express how sorry that I am that you had such an experience at this hotel. We have had issues before but none as serious as this. Please except my appologies for not making sure this was the best stay that you could have had. We have completed renovations of the hotel and everything is new.

Grayson, Kentucky
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We paid $119 a night for a local soccer tournament. This hotel was not a $120 per night hotel even over a Derby weekend. The shower temperature ranged from bone-chilling to lobster boil in a matter of seconds and the room is not a suite as you would expect. It had a pull out couch with only one tv. I will never stay in a comfort suite again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dolff
Patricia G, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear dolff,
I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel in May of 2009. We have gone through a lot of changes since then. We have completely renovated the hotel from top to bottom. We also do not have the same employees that we had then and things are so much better for it. I really would love for you and your family to give us another try and if for some reason you are not completely satisfied please come to me or call me at the hotel and let me know.
Sorry this is so late getting to you.
Patricia Gaddie, G.M.
Comfort Suites/Lagrange
502-225-4125 ext. 450
Crestwood
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Over charged. Lost reservations. Worst hotel in KY.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dear lhuffm4242,
I am so sorry for the inconveniences that you had while staying at the Comfort Suites/Lagrange in Sept. 2009. I know this is very late getting a response to and I am sorry about that as well. I know what it means to not get good customer service and when we do not we get upset. We expect to have a good stay at a hotel with no issues. So I do understand that the service was not great, but we have changed everything at this hotel and I would love it if you would give us another chance at proving that we can provide guest with great customer service and knowledgeable employees.
Thanks,
Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville North
South Side
Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!