“Monday night carvery”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived at the pub to find it was the carvery special, two meals for £10 .Very popular so was very busy however we were welcomed and given a table immediately and drinks quickly served .We were lucky to go straight to the carvery without having to qué ,A choice of Roast beef, Turkey and pork.slied by chef ,huge helpings !! and an excellent choice of vegetables and lovely crispy potatoes . Very good value , most enjoyable.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

My friend and I both had the carvery. I choose pork which the chef cut and was very fatty and no crackling available. The vegetables were over cooked and had been heated through more than once, which is surprising as we had the first choice of them at 12 noon. The carrots were going brown, the red cabbage was pink and the roast potatoes were really greasy and solid. For dessert we both ordered spotted dick, the hot choice. Well it wasn’t spotted dick, it was a tasteless sponge pudding with currants. The custard was cold and lumpy and also didn’t taste like custard.
I had seen online that they offer an over 50’s loyalty card, which I had enquired about before the meal, but they never had any forms printed out to give me, and then after the awful meal, I decided I wouldn’t be needing a loyalty card anyway. First and last visit for us.

2  Thank jayne52red2014
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We visited The Bunbury Arms for Sunday lunch yesterday, currently on holiday in the area. As a family we are a mix of vegetarian & non vegetarian and have so far struggled to find pubs in the area catering well for vegetarians & children. This was certainly an exception. We had a fantastic lunch and the staff couldn’t have been more welcoming & accommodating. There were veggie options for kids and I had a delicious carrot, coriander & nut roast with assurance that roast potatoes etc were suitable. I’d recommend The Bunbury Arms highly. The staff & food were excellent.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Omg what a dreadfull meal we had there were so many flies that we couldn't talk to each other as the flies were just all over our food been here before and had a lovely meal must changed something as it's not good .

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Nice looking pub however the smell of Body odour not acceptable. It was a male member of staff and even my grand daughter of 9 made comment.
We stopped for sandwich the bread was either not kept in right conditions or was day befores bread. I had prawn sandwich and have had dodgy tummy since.
Upon leaving i did mention the smell and the barmaid just laughed at me... respectful .. not.
Would never go there again

2  Thank jennandsteve413