“Beetles”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kuttawa
Maryville, Tennessee
“Beetles”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The rate was okay. The room was alright until around 10 p.m. when we started getting visitors of the crawling nature. Specifically, some sort of black beetle. After spotting around six of them in various places, I called the front desk to find out (a) what they were and (b) whether or not they bite. The person who answered told me not to worry because the bugs don't bite and would probably die anyway because "we spray outside." After a minute or so, she did offer a half-hearted apology. I hung up and my husband and I took care of the problem. During check-out the next morning, I again mentioned the bugs and got a warmer apology, but that was it. I realize that bugs are a part of nature; I've just never paid to share a hotel room with any.
I also think their breakfast could stand improvement. All I saw was various donuts, a few cereals, and apples. My husband tasted the orange juice, but said he wouldn't recommend it and tossed the rest of it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt4448, General Manager at Days Inn Kuttawa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Kuttawa. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the room conditions pertaining the beetles. Although this is not a common problem at our motel, unfortunately with the season changing the pests tend to move in from the cold. We currently have two pest control companies that spray monthly. One for the interior of the building and one for the grounds. Our housekeeping staff has reviewed our internal procedures to ensure that such a situation does not occur again. On a latter note, Days Inn Corporate is rolling a more extensive breakfast menu and we are currently offer much more than the brand requires. Every morning we serve fresh baked donuts from the local bakery, "Mr. D's" and have yogurt & fruit for our health conscience guest. We appreciate your feedback and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Kuttawa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Illinois
Reviewed September 16, 2013

On our trip home from Maggie Valley, NC on our Goldwing, my husband and I decided to stop for the night rather than push on. This hotel was in a perfect location just off the interstate. We parked our motorcycle and were able to walk to one of the nearby restaurants for supper. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Price was reasonable for a one night's discounted stay using our AAA card. We may head back that way for a fishing trip or another motorcycle ride once the leaves start turning. Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast. However, my hot oatmeal, toast, yogurt, milk, and coffee hit the spot before heading home on the motorcycle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I can't complain. The hotel was clean and the hotel staff was very nice. Allison was so helpful to me and my family during our one night stay. Would recommend and stay again. Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

warrensburg
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel, the room smelled bad and was in poor repair. the baseboards and corners in the bathroom had accumulated dirt.
When I got home I emailed a complaint to Days inn and I had a email the next day apologizing and then 2 days later I had a followup phone call from the assistant GM assuring me that they had placed new rules in place to insure the rooms were clean and up to standerd.
Hopefully they will stand true to there word.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuttawa
Super 8 Eddyville
Americas Best Value Inn- Land Between The Lakes
Patti's Inn & Suites
Patti's Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Grand Rivers

Been to Days Inn Kuttawa? Share your experiences!