“Great price for a fantastic place!”

Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kuttawa
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“Great price for a fantastic place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Deceiving from the outside.... we were coming in at night to find a place to stay & almost turned around because it appeared to be a 1 story older style of motel with an old "Relax Inn" sign. Once walking into the very clean & new looking lobby & breakfast area & found out the prices, we decided to give it a try. We stayed in the suite (2 dbl. beds + love seat/hide-a-bed) This room is absolutely beautiful, clean, either newly updated or completely new & very comfortable & very affordable. They offer a free breakfast in the morning that is better than I have seen at most places. I would definitely stay here again & would recommend this place to everyone!

Room Tip: The suite with 2 dbl. beds & hide-away loveseat is nice & roomy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather D
relaxinnkuttawa, General Manager at Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Mrs. Heather D.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review about our establishment and services! We always take pride in clients that are willing to give us a chance by not "judging a book by its cover". We hope that you were completely satisfied with every aspect of your stay and glad that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast as well! If there is anything else we could do for you in the future, please let us know. Once again, thank you for staying with us at The Relax Inn of Kuttawa!

The Family of Relax Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Newnan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

1. Fair price for room, 2. Needs to train employees on the upgraded equip, mainly performing refunds on computer and working the tv with the new addressable box, 3. Need to have "Do not disturb" knob hangers in rooms!, 4. Room colors do NOT work well for women trying to put on makeup...odd colors!, & 5. Blackout curtains do NOT blackout light as they are not flush with the window opening, & 6. Even though staff wasn't fully capable of helping with issues, they were still very friendly.

Room Tip: Close to interstate and offers a Military discount...newly renovated.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam W
relaxinnkuttawa, General Manager at Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Mr. Sam W.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our services. First of all, we do apologize for the lack of training; we have hired a couple new employees within the last month that are still adjusting to the way our products work(Management did try and contact you within a few hours of the TV issue, but there was no answer). We have take consideration on the "Do Not Disturb" knob hangers and will be in the process of implementing those signs within the next few weeks. As far as the color scheme of our rooms go, we haven't received too many complaints from women about the oddness, but maybe we could provide a different room in the future for you. Nonetheless, we hope that we can be fully prepared for these issues the next time you might decide to stay with us. Once again, thank you for staying with us at The Relax Inn of Kuttawa!

Siegelbach, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We needed some where to stay the night as we were on medical leave trying to make it to our destination quickly. We drive until we couldn't drive anymore and found relax in about 40 miles out.
We normally stay in Mariott's simply because we know we never have to worry about cleanliness or service with two young children in tow.
It was a pleasant surprise to find the Relax Inn was just as clean and the service was spectacular! We were a late arrival and were greeted with a friendly up beat front desk clerk who was willing to make our stay as enjoyable as possible appeasing our requests for an extra towel and shampoo!
Room has been refurbished has new carpet, upgraded bathroom, microwave, fridge and directv. Nice relaxing stay.
Woke up to a continental breakfast with sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and other choices such as yogurt, bagel, waffle, toast, or Danish. Fresh made coffee as well! Thank you for a pleasant night in a not so pleasant situation for this family.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank kir2199
kir2199,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your stay! We're extremely pleased that we could accommodate your needs, even though you're normally used to staying at Mariotts. We always try and train all of our staff to help make each and every one of our clients stay as enjoyable as possible with strong courtesy and professionalism. Most of all, we're glad you were able to enjoy our full hot breakfast before your leave. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know! Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Relax Inn of Kuttawa!

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is the best independently owned hotel I've ever stayed at! I chose this place because of the wonderful reviews I read about. I'm so glad I did. All the rooms have been redone with new carpeting and paint. I had a flat-screen t.v. with Direct TV. I had my cat with me and had to pay a small deposit which I got back after the inspection. I never heard any traffic from the road. The bedding smelled like Febreeze as well as the SOFT towels. The bed was also comfortable. One small problem, which wasn't realized until later. They never gave me back my drivers license after checking in. This wasn't discovered until I went to check in at my next hotel. I immediately called and was told it would be in the mail the next day. If I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank 997rebeccap
relaxinnkuttawa, General Manager at Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Ms. Rebecca P,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of our establishment! We're so glad that we were able to accommodate your needs and your pet as well! On the other hand, we do apologize for not returning your ID immediately after checking in; we most definitely sent it to the address your provided the next day knowing that it is of high importance. If there is anything else we could do for you in the future, please let us know! Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Relax Inn of Kuttawa!

Kuttawa, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the stay for the forth time.
Employees and owners are very accommodating and friendly.
Very warm and homely feeling!!!
Rooms are exceptionally clean and hygienic.
The price was worth every dollar!!!
Thanks

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Draupad
Mr. Draupad,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about our services! We hope that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, helping you feel as hospitable as can be! If there is anything else we could do for you in the future, please let us know! Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Relax Inn of Kuttawa!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This was our FOURTH time to stay at re Relax Inn and NO we are NOT related to the owners! Lol!

We just happened on to it back in December of 2012 when we pulled in town to stay at the Hampton...I read the Trip Advisor reviews about the Hampton and said there was no way I would stay there. Since I trust my TA community, I started reason their comments about Relax Inn. I am such a skeptic I just couldn't imagine this "mom and pop" place could be true. We drove down the road and of course The Sweetheart was ready to get out and unpack. I still needed convincing but I thought it couldn't be any worse than that Hampton and the reviews were all five stars so away we went!

Oh my! What a place! This
family has totally gutted the inside of these rooms and replaced EVERYTHING with super nice contemporary decor!

They have thought of everything from the curved shower curtains to the fancy plugs on the lamps beside your bed!

Every room has a fridge and microwave, very nice. The beds are very comfortable, sheets and comforters are super nice, not nasty looking motel bedspreads.

No disappointments here! Great breakfast and super friendly people. We will be back in three weeks!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank candacejo
relaxinnkuttawa, General Manager at Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Ms. Candacejo,

Thank you so much for leaving such an incredible review, detailed to the point! We're so glad that we are able to provide all the essentials you expect for your lodging purposes. We always try and stay ahead of the game, providing you with amenities that aren't normally expected from a "mom and pop" business like ourselves. We take so much pride in serving our customers and hope to continue to satisfy each and every one that we come in contact with. If there is anything else that you could possibly think of that we could work on, please let us know. Once again, thank you for continuing to stay with us at The Relax Inn of Kuttawa!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Surprising well kept older outside entrance motel. New paint and carpet, very clean. very friendly staff- I assume they were the owners. Nice HD TV. Road noise may bother some, but not me: I will book again when I return to the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mfd1101
relaxinnkuttawa, General Manager at Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
mfd1101,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback about our establishment! Hopefully, you were able to get a good nights sleep even with a little road noise. We continue to strive to satisfy every one of our customers and do our best to provide 110% quality and service! If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know! Once again, thank you for stay with us at The Relax Inn of Kuttawa!

The Family of Relax Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuttawa
Hampton Inn by Hilton Kuttawa/Eddyville
Patti's Inn & Suites
Patti's Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Grand Rivers
Americas Best Value Inn- Land Between The Lakes

Been to Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville? Share your experiences!