“Pretty good”

Cuisines: American
SRQ
“Pretty good”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

In a part of the country where it's tough to find a mixed drink, this really is like an oasis. Drinks actually had some liquor in them and weren't as overpriced as you usually run into these days. Nice atmosphere, average+ service. The prime rib sandwich was great. My wife had the half chicken dinner, which was meh. A little dry, and I think the chicken must have smoked when it was young, because something severely stunted its growth. The homemade bread was excellent. It's a grade up from Applebee's.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ChiefHotDog

Andover, New Jersey
“Convenient Restaurant in Kuttawa”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This restaurant was next door to our hotel so it was a natural choice for supper after a long day on the road. The place has a bit of a casual sports bar atmosphere.
We had a real nice waiter who recommended some good dishes. My wife had a chicken dish and I had the pork ribs. Both were very good. Prices were also good. If you're staying at one of the several hotels in Kuttawa this is the place to eat.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank K2V2
Raleigh, NC
“Great service and food”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Recent visit to Missouri, my friends and I happened upon the Oasis Southwest Grill. Friends had ribs and I ordered grilled chicken. In less than ten minutes our food was in front of us. Server was very attentive. Both food and service were fantastic.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank TCCC
Wetumpka AL
“Ribs were delicious!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The menu is extensive but tastebuds were screaming "RIBS!" from the moment we got out of the car. I was not disappointed! The ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender and flavorful. I was apprehensive that they were pre-sauced as I normally like dry rub ribs and can't stand ribs caused to be point that they are sloppy and too spicy. These were just right, with a sauce a little on the sweet side (much like KC Masterpiece or Sweet Baby Ray's). I ordered the slaw and broccoli as my sides and both were delish, especially the broccoli. The hot yeast rolls ... OMG!!! If I'm ever in this area again, maybe I'll order a half dozen rolls and let it go at that!! My husband got the chopped steak, which he said was very good, with onion rings, which he said weren't very good, basically frozen out of the bag and into the fryer. The music was a little too loud for enjoyable conversation and service just a step slow for a 5-star rating.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Heart-of-Dixie
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Absolutely Terrible”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family and I stopped there as it was the only place to eat in the vicinity. While we were seated quickly service was so poor, the food was not prepared to our order, and two meals didn't show up for nearly 45 minutes from the time the first meal was brought to the table.
The place wasn't busy as there were numerous empty tables. When I asked for the manager no one came to our table. I repeatedly requested the manager and finally had to find him myself. When I started to complain he seemed to want to threaten me. He finally got the idea that not only was I disappointed (mad) about everything but finally started to listen to our complaints.
When we returned to our motel I spoke to the desk clerk. He asked me if S---- was the manager on duty and I said yes. He then proceeded to tell me that S---- is a problem, but the ownership won't do anything about it.

• Visited June 2012