“Good European food but be sure to make a reservation for weekends”
Review of Il Postino

Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Unionville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2015

I've been there many time and think that it's the best restaurant in the old Unionville. Nice place with a patio, tasty Italian food. There is a parking lot behind the restaurant. Pasta is good but most of all I like rack of lamb.

Date of visit: August 2015
Write a reviewReviews (164)

Reviewed November 10, 2015 via mobile

I had my wedding pictures taken in unionville, and this was the only restaurant that allowed me to use their restroom. I told them I'd come back, and we did. My husband and I had a romantic dinner and enjoyed Gnocchi and he has a chicken dish. The chef did not disappoint us at all! The service was fast and friendly. The place was intimate. And the food was just perfect!

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed September 10, 2015

from the beginning to the end a nice evening. cold meat plate was great, pasta and pizza too. never had a better thick crust pizza than this. wine was good too and a bottle for 45$. don t know if some people who writes cheapest bottle is 60$ can t read the wine list. the waitress and the female owner were very nice. we came from germany and we had a nice talk. everything comes tasty and on time. was worth it after we had 3 terrible dinners in canada before. would recommend this place absolutely. nice patio and nice area too. thanks for a great night. c u wolfgang & pia

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed September 4, 2015

Had lunch with 3 friends yesterday and had a grand time! Staff was very attentive and the food was spot on. Had the lovely tomato with goat cheese soup and arugula salad with grilled chicken....delish. They were also accommodating.....all other patrons had left and we finally did after 4 hours. :) Lovely setting, conducive to catching up with friends and they have the right balance between leaving guests to it while ensuring needs are being met.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 30, 2015

This place is beautifully appointed inside and out. However, get ready for sticker shock. Cheapest bottle of wine was $60.00. Total cost for dinner for four, with wine and dessert was $350.00. Way too much for what we got, especially when the food was "just OK." There are so many other eating options on Main Street. I would suggest checking those out first before coming here.

Date of visit: August 2015