“Food OK. Staff is friendly. A bit pricey.”
Review of Planeta Mexico

Planeta Mexico
Ranked #13 of 44 Restaurants in Unionville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Food OK. Staff is friendly. A bit pricey.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This latest entrant on the busy Unionville Main Street is the first Mexican restaruant in town (in the 23 years I've been here).
We decided to give a try.
We were "walk-ins" at dinner time on a Friday night. The place was empty when we arrived but there were "Reserved" sings on several tables. We were seated rigth away by the friendly host and hostess. It didn't take long before the place was packed and they were turning people away. It is a small restaurant, with about 15 tables.
We had their nachos as an appetizer. They were quite good, with fresh toppings and served hot. For main courses, I had the Beef Burrito, my wife had the Chicken Quesadilla and my son had Beef Soft Tacos. The food was all acceptable - but nothing great. My wife's Quesadilla had very little chicken and the sides were quite sparse on all three dishes. Rice and re-fried beans are inexpensive, but it didn't seem that way based on the portion sizes.
My wife had a glass of wine, I had two beers and my son had a soft drink. The bill totalled just under $100. I think that is a lot for the amount and quality of food that we had.
They will either need to up the quality of the food or adjust prices to survive on Main Street Unionvillle.
They decor is nice, the staff is friendly, the place is clean and welcoming - but they need to up the game on the food. We will wait a while before we try it again.

• Visited October 2013

Aurora, Canada
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had lunch last week and the food was fabulous. Can't wait to go back! Started with the mojitos and everything just fantastic.

• Visited September 2013