Comfort Suites East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubkentucky kingdomduring spring breakstaff was extremely accommodatingroom was cleannext morningkids enjoyed the poolnational chainupon checksitting areafit the billindoor poolbreakfast attendanthot breakfastfew issueslocation is greathotel stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Room was large and clean. It was not really a "suite" but a room with a mini-divider between the coach and beds. TV shared by both sides of room. Beds were described as queen but they seemed like doubles. Beds were good quality, decent linens and pillows. Refrig/microwave unit in the room which was handy. Old style heating unit which was hard to regulate to an even temperature. Also kept blowing the curtains open which was a problem because our room looked out over the parking lot. Paper clipped them together.

Bathroom needed some work. Shower/tub combo looked like it was fairnly new but whoever installed it did not use a level - It was slanted and off kilter. Bathroom door needed replacing. It looked old and had some chips etc. and hook was missing but hole was there. WHoever had painted the bathroom last had done a terrible job. Paints drips were visible on the mirror, door and other places. In all, while the bathroom was clean, these little issues made it seem less so.

Breakfast was adequate. Wafle iron to make your own. Plenty of cold cereals, danish, etc.

Located just off I-64 - Blankenbaker Rd area. Plenty of restaurants of all kinds near hotel as are gas stations.

Hotel was fine for a night or two stay. Not sure if this would be my first choice if staying in Lousiville but I would not avoid it either.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Donna T, KY Area Sales Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we are in the process of making changes and updates to the property. Our maintenance department has been contacted regarding the issues in the bathroom not being painted as neat as it should be. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We hope that the next time you are in the Louisville Area you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

KY Area Sales Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is my second trip to Louisville and both times I chose this hotel. The staff is very nice, pool area clean and well maintained. The rooms are clean and bedding updated. The carpet and bathroom are a little dated, but clean and serviceable. The price is excellent and the area it is located is convenient to the highway. The neighborhood is safe and quiet, which is nice because some areas of Louisville area are not so. Plenty of restaurants near by.

• Stayed: March 2013

Glad you had a great stay! We appreciate your loyalty to staying with us when you are in the Louisville area and look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property.

KIndest Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

For the price paid the room was amazing nice, clean and cared for. There was dust in the upper corners of the bathroom and on the exhaust vent but it did not seem terrible. The beds were soft and plenty of space including a separate couch. The pool area was very clean but it should be said that the indoor pool although nice, is not heated. We came in January and the pool was simply way to cold and no one was able to get in it. The hot tub was nice but the jets were not working, I mentioned to a manager that was very friendly and she said she would be happy to come turn the jets on. The morning breakfast was a little questionable, with a few issues on getting some juice. The sausage was great, the eggs were not the best. One employee working the morning shift seemed to have simply woken up on the wrong side of the bed and had a rather poor attitude, but I have to give the management a big positive. We expressed concern over an issues and the management team truly listened to our concern and addressed it. They took a bad situation and made efforts to change for future guest. We come to this area for youth sporting events and for sure will come to this hotel again to give them another try.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are fine !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent response regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites East in Louisville, KY.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay although we apologize for the pool temperature. We had to empty the pool to make a repair and filling it up and heating so much water takes some time.

We hope that when you return to the Louisville Area you will stay with us and see how nice our pool really is.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friends and I rented three rooms here, and we were looking forward to a nice evening at the pool with our families ... until the manager came in and booted us out. First she explained that "We don't allow pool parties" (at the time, five people were in the pool and another three or four were in the hot tub) then she accused us of bringing in non-guests. The front desk clerk and housekeeping staff were kind and accommodating--they were even apologetic about their manager, who apparently has a reputation for rudeness not only among guests.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

We sincerely apologize for your recent experience at the Comfort Suites East in Louisville, KY. We appreciate our guest and it is our goal to make sure you have a good stay. I have spoken with the management and staff to address your experience in our pool area. We are an all suite property and we cater to families with our complimentary breakfast and children staying in the room at no additional charge. There is new management in place and in the pool area there is a limit on the number of people in the pool at one time due to Health Department regulations. These rules are in place to assure the safety of our guest. I apologize for any inconvenience this unfortunate situation may have caused. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Donna R. Thompson

Reviewed November 20, 2012

While the rooms were nice, the breakfast experience was absolutely terrible. First the waffle maker was dirty- it still had pieces of waffle stuck to the top and bottlom. It needed cleaning. My wife asked the desk clerk about it and she did nothing. There were no eggs or bacon left. We asked for a bagel, and she reluctantly went to the back and gat a package. She gave me one bagel, then put the rest of the bag back in the kitchen area. There was no bread availabe for toast. She could not find any. This was about 7:30 to 8 am.
Other guests asked for eggs and were told that they were in the freezer and it would take about 10 minutes to cook them. They agreed to wait, so did we. After 30 minutes, the girl said that it was complicated to get them cooked. There was also no coffee available. The hot water was cold. after another 30 minutes she brought out the bacon, but still did not have the eggs., She said it would take another 10 minutes.
The girl said she was busy and it was taking longer. When I returned my key, I saw her in the office looking at tv and talking on her cell phone. When we left the hotel about 9:30, she still did not have any eggs available, and the other man was livid.
I called Choice hotels and they said I would get a call. I never did. The also gave me 4000 Choice points which does not help me very much.
This stay was at the end of a 21 day road trip from Texas to Canada and was the worst experience we had at hotels
I believe the girl at the desk should have been fired.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again, no mater what the price
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

I sincerely apologize for your recent experience at the Comfort Suites East in Louisville. This definitely is not how we operate this property. The breakfast person is no longer with the company and we have a properly trained person in the position who has the breakfast prepared and ready for all guests at 6:am in the morning.

It is our fault for not having an employee in place that had been trained to do the job.

We appreciate your business and are glad the rest of your accommodations were fine.

The next time you are in the Louisville area we hope that you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations by having our wonderful breakfast prepared on time.