“Great Kentucky Cooking!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jamestown, Kentucky
“Great Kentucky Cooking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Jamestown Cafe is located right on the Square in Jamestown, and is just a wonderful little country restaurant. It features a full menu of all homemade, delicious foods and some of the BEST homemade pies and desserts in the Commonwealth. The historic building, old wooden floors and delightful decor adds to the wonderful experience. Daily specials and Kids menu . Be sure to stop in -- you really won't want to miss out on this delightful little restaurant.

Visited May 2014

kentucky
“Not bad for a small town place, but not great either”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Jamestown Café might be the only restaurant in town that serves more than sandwiches & fries, which is why my wife & I went there. The menu is pretty decent, with several seafood entrees, steaks, etc. and the prices are very reasonable. The only problem is that with low prices, the quality of the food is not as high as I would have liked it to be. It wasn't really bad, but it would be a stretch to rate it as "very good". The steak I had was ok flavor wise, but had way more fat than I would expect. The salad was pretty much just pieces of iceburg lettuce with nothing else, salad dressing was awful. Baked potato was very large & good, but really, how hard is it to serve a good baked potato?

• Visited October 2013
White House, Tennessee, United States
“DON'T EAT HERE!! Racist and should be boycotted!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I know that this is a bit long, but it is VITAL to get the message out.

Ok, here goes my spill! First, I want to say that hatred IS ignorance. As many of you know, Greg and I run 2nd Chance Outreach, which is a Christ-centered addiction rehab/ministry. However, we help all men, women, teenagers, addicts, halfway housers, and men who are rentering society from prison for whatever the crime. God charged our hearts to help those in need, but sometimes those in need are not always the men and women who enter our facility...sometimes, "those people" are resemble people like you and me who have issues like everyone else. My heart is hurt by the discrimination, the hatred, the ignorance people in a community can display. In our town of Jamestown, Kentucky, where we have been residents of for about 5 years, a certain establishment known as Jamestown Cafe, refused to serve me and my clients coffee and dessert today. As we were about to begin a bible study, the police came in to ask us to leave (remember this is a public restaurant). Our clients were perfect gentlemen, sitting quietly talking among themselves, waiting to receive their drinks. However, the owner refused us service. I had to look at my watch to check the date, making sure I had not flashed back to the times of Hitler or the Civil Rights Movement. As we all stood up and respectfully walked out, we were advised that any misconduct or if we tried to enter the establishment again that the person would be charged with criminal misconduct, to which Greg and I were included. As my blood boiled, Greg, myself, and about 25 men (paying customers I might add) stood outside the doors on the steps and humbled ourselves to pray for the owner who was the one to refuse us and her establishment. As we finished our prayer, with even more hopelessness in our clients’ eyes, we decided to have our study down the street at Lee’s Famous Recipe. It is amazing what a difference one block can make. The workers welcomed us with open arms, gave us impeccable service, and accommodated us in any way we needed. After paying, I thanked the owner for being so gracious to 2nd Chance, just in case she did not know that we were with the facility. As tears pooled in my eyes, she looked at me, smiled, and stated that WE people (not THOSE PEOPLE) were welcome any time. They were thrilled to be able to serve us. Now, God is the judger of people, but He equips us to judge actions. I am rejoicing though. “Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man’s sake. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven, for in like manner their fathers did to the prophets,” (Luke 6:22-23, NKJV). God is almighty to save anyone who wants change. Most of our friends (the clients) come to us for change. God has a greater plan that is unfathomable to us. But, why do we live in a world of hate, when all everyone wants is love? We will not sit back and allow people to discriminate because of what your past looks like…if everyone did this, there would never be peace.
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.” ----- Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Visited September 2013
6 Thank Melissa C
“Stumbled on this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Coming back from our destination in Jamestown and returning to Russell Springs, we were looking for a place to eat dinner, we found this place by accident. Prime rib was fantastic; very good prices, and to top it off the homemade desserts were scrumptious. Also the staff was very friendly. Definitely one to try!

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

One thing about it, the prices are great! Can't say the same about the food. Everything tasted warmed over at best. Warm salad, lukewarm hot food. Given how quickly it came out it had to be prepared in advance. I have a stomach of steel and I did not feel well after eating here. We won't be back.

• Visited July 2013