“Disappointed in the food”

Rowena Landing Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Fried green tomatoes were mushy. Watermelon was the only fresh fruit on the breakfast bar. Everything else was canned. Husband ordered off the menu for dinner and the ham was incredibly salty. We are pretty easy to please but the offerings were very disappointing.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We travelled by boat from another marina to the Lake Cumberland State Dock Marina and then caught the shuttle up the hill to the lodge. It is a nice ride down the lake to go to the lodge restaurant for a meal. The Rowena Landing Restaurant opens at 5PM and we were there by 5:30. We approached the hostess stand and waited at least 5 minutes for the hostess to appear. We told her we would like a table for two. She said we would have to wait as all of the tables were full except for a table for 6 and a table for 8. There was no one behind us and no line to be seated. We waited for 20 minutes standing there for a table and still no one came to be seated at the larger tables. The hostess was busy at the cash register and finally a waiter came and seated us at a table for 4. We sat for another 10 minutes at the table and no waitress appeared so we just helped ourselves to the buffet. We were half way through our salads and still no waitress so we flagged one down to bring us drinks. Also, had to ask later for a bread basket. This waitress disappeared and we flagged down another one at this point. The hot buffet meal was the worst buffet I have had anywhere. Much of the food had been consumed and not replenished, ( a little after 6PM). There were 5 desserts to choose from at the beginning of the meal and by 6:30 there was one left to eat. The hostess was terrible, the waitresses untrained and unsupervised, and the chef gets a D- for the preparation of the food and quality of the food. Park management needs to get control of this restaurant and fix it. The hostess and the waitress were told by me that I was not happy but offered no apology. I will not be back.

2  Thank Corvette1871
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I didn't realize this was the name of the restaurant at the state park, but now that I know...

We (my daughter, son, and I) decided we'd give the buffet a shot since we are basically 10-15 miles from civilization...

On first impression, didn't look too bad. Fish, chicken, and pork were options for the main course. The salad bar portion left much to be desired. Boiled down to lettuce, cheese cubes, baby carrots, baby tomatoes, and cucumbers.

So we ate, enjoyed the awesome view, drank some iced tea, and enjoyed the view some more! Did I mention the view was awesome?

So it's time to head out and spend time in the pool ('nuther story there)... The bill is brought over and I almost choked! $50.82. That is almost $17 per person! Now don't get me wrong, if the food was of the $17 caliber, I wouldn't have a problem paying it. In the restaurant's defense this also included the iced tea with refills.

Needless to say, tonight we will head to Jamestown and see what's there!

1  Thank Couchie_Flies
Reviewed June 6, 2014

In May, 2014 the Rowena Landing Restaurant located in the Lake Cumberland State Resort Park got a wonderful new chef as well as remodeled their dining area! I was there recently and the food was spectacular! I spoke to the new chef and he has a commitment to making everything from scratch and not cutting any corners. You can enjoy the full Buffet or order off the full menu. Of course in addition to wonderful Kentucky cuisine, you can enjoy a panoramic view of beautiful Lake Cumberland while you eat. This is a wonderful restaurant!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had breakfast here with the family last weekend. The server was friendly and the room was not crowded. I had a meat lovers omelet which was delicious. My wife had the breakfast platter which she couldn't even finish there was so much food. The kids had pancakes and sausage which they gobbled down quickly. 4 delicious meals under 28 dollars with drinks, you can't beat that!

1  Thank Jerry B