“No stars”

Rowena Landing Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at the lodge for 3 nights and had 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners at the restaurant. It's hard to ruin breakfast and they were ok. But dinner! Terrible! Dinner #1, the catfish was over-cooked and tough. Although hush-puppies were advertised as coming with the meal, they were not served. We asked the waitress where they were. She acted as if that were a complete surprise. They were finally delivered after the meal was finished! Dinner #2, ok, the cheeseburger with fries was ok. I ask what the desserts were. Derby Pie, she said, and the other items in the buffet. I asked what Derby Pie was. She replied, chocolate with some chocolate chips and pecans, or walnuts, she wasn't sure which. I chose, instead, to check out the buffet items. The only thing that looked appetizing was a cobbler. What kind is it, I asked and is it warm? It's cherry or maybe blackberry and yes its warm, she replied.
Surmising that it looked like cherry I chose that one. Ice cream? She asked. Sure.
When she brought the cobbler she asked whether I wanted strawberry or chocolate ice cream.
Vanilla? Asked I. No. Ok, no ice cream.
It was terrible, and this from a person who will eat anything with sugar in it.
I give the place a zero. But it's the only game in town. No decent dining within many miles.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Breakfast buffet is around $7.50 and is excellent. We're too busy boating to fo lunch or dinner but nice to have this here when you need it. We never go to the lake without planning a trip here for breakfast.

1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Food was fresh, tasty, and a great selection on the buffet. 8 bucks per person, with that food quality, that level of cleanliness, and the amazing view.....felt like I was stealing, lol.
The experience here was superb, we will be back whenever we are in the area.
This place gets an easy 5 stars across the board!!! Well done!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We ate here several times during our family get a way. For dinner, the Kentucky Hot Brown was outstanding & the Buffett my family member's chose was very nice. The service was outstanding & friendly and the view overlooking Lake Cumberland was spectacular. The breakfast Buffett was pretty good. Biscuits & gravy were pretty tasty!