“Good food, but lousy service.”
Review of Miss Idas Tea Room

Miss Idas Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Inez
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I work in Inez and my co-workers and I ate at this restaurant today. My food was great, but when I went to pay, the lady who settled our tabs (WILLA) was very rude and disrespectful because I only had a one-hundred dollar bill to pay with. She advised that she had no change even though it was clear that she had a drawer full of 20s that could have easily made change. I told her that was all I had and I didn't know what to do and she shrugged and said in a smart-alec voice, "Well, the bank will cash it!" and I guess expected me to go across the street to the bank and then come back over and pay my tab--as if my hundred dollar bill was not good enough for her. I understand that restaurants keep limited change on premises, but it is the establishment's responsibility to make sure they have appropriate change to give to people in a situation like this. You don't tell a paying customer to go across the street and get their hundred dollar bill broken at the bank and then come back and pay for your tab. What the crap?

I will NEVER eat at this place again--I would rather starve to death instead. If they are goign to act like a paying customer's payment is not good enough and have the nerve to tell someone to go across the street, get their bill broke and come back after being treated like garbage, then they need to climb down off of their high horse. That's ridiculous!

6  Thank KentuckyTravelBug80