“We always stay at this super 8. Location and value. I hate...”
Review of Brookshire Inn

Brookshire Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inez
Midland
“We always stay at this super 8. Location and value. I hate...”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We always stay at this super 8. Location and value. I hate that I have to pay extra for my Dog. A smoker does more damage the my well mannered dog. I still love the cleanness and the staff. We usually have a room more to the center so it is quit. We had the end room all the coming an going traffic was a bit annoying. Over all still thumbs up

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thelmamoore23, General Manager at Brookshire Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us.Always enjoy great guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is not a fancy place - I reserved ahead, and was able to get a great discount - about $60/night, so wasn't expecting the Ritz. The place is incredibly clean, especially as a large number of the guests I saw are men working in the area, and have dirty boots! The cleaning ladies are hard working and do a great job of limiting the coal dust and road dust and general mud from coming inside or up the stairs. Generally, very quiet - no loudness from anywhere around me.

My excellent rating stems from the fact that as a woman, travelling alone, I felt safe here. The staff (especially Thelma, the assistant manager) were warm and friendly, and willing to offer suggestions on where to go, what to see, etc. I loved that my room was spotless, every single day of a six day stay. These ladies got a great tip from me, as this was a haven of rest for my time here. The bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked well, sheets and towels comfortable (and they offer the green option of not replacing everything, everyday, at your pleasure),soap, shampoo daily, comforters and blankets looked ok, room painted nicely, no yucky corners. Seriously, much cleaner than several 3 star places I used to stay for business trips. It's older, the hallways a little dingy, but room 214 was terrific. AND IT WAS $60! Excellent, for the money.

Other than working folks, it seemed the guests were out of towners volunteering with one or another Christian Appalachian Volunteer Project. This area is incredibly rural, and very poor - the county itself struggles with illiteracy and lack of education, but Inez is a nice little town, and if you are not adventurous, there is a McDonald's and Taco Bell up the road a bit. Your room comes with breakfast - cereal, bread, danish, yoghurt, fruit, coffee and juices. Easy commuting distance to Kermit WV as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the mountain, not the road. Coal trucks run all day and can be a little loud...