“Lovely barn - but not for parties?”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Babylove5...
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely barn - but not for parties?”
Reviewed November 19, 2011 for a stay in November 2011

The barn we stayed in was absolutely beautiful and was in a lovely setting. Most things we needed were there and the barn has been thoughtfully renovated.
There was a large group of us staying and we also rented the property opposite (the granary) for a 30th birthday. Although the property was beautiful I feel it was more suited to a quiet/smaller group. We felt we were constantly watched by the owner ensuring we were behaving etc. There was a lot of us there and I can understand the owner being concerned about her property, but we were always careful and very respectful towards the barn and its contents. The owner made a point of telling us that it wasnt just a holiday rental but also her "home". Which is understandable as her house is just 100 metres away but I feel maybe she should consider stating that the house isn't suitable for party groups.

If you have small children I would recommend taking several travel stair gates. Or maybe this is somethingnthe owner may want to think about providing. also could do with sharper knives and more mirrors (full length).

There is no phone signal at all and the wifi is extremely slow. So make any important calls before arriving and make sure everyone has directions.

I would definately recommend this beautiful barn to families, but I doubt we would returned due to the reasons above, even though we loved this beautiful property.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The barn
Liked least: Being watched
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oxted
Reviewed August 18, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Wrexham/Cardiff/Swansea
Reviewed August 18, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: Cleanliness, comfort, super kitchen, cosy corners, lovely owners
Liked least: Only minus was lack of space for hanging clothes
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers

London
Reviewed July 13, 2010 for a stay in May 2010

Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing