“If you are a nonsmoker, don't let them put you on 3rd floor”

Knights Inn Horse Cave
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Horse Cave
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a clean hotel, pleasant staff, good breakfast, fast check-in. We have visited before and added an additional two hours to our trip so that we could stay at this hotel. How disappointed then, when we stepped off the elevator and were overwhelmed with the smell of smoke. When we first entered the room I could smell smoke but not nearly as strong as in the corridor. Once inside the smell became stronger, especially at the bedside and definitely in the bathroom. It was just an unpleasant odor. I called down to the front desk to ask if we were mistakenly put on a smoking floor and was told that the 3rd floor is 1/2 smoking and 1/2 nonsmoking. This isn't a huge hotel and the corridor isn't that long. I was told that was the only room available in the entire hotel. This room should NOT have been sold as nonsmoking. Had I been told there were no nonsmoking rooms I would have booked elsewhere. The next morning I checked with the front desk and they said they would tell maintenance. This room smelled enough of smoke that the cleaning staff had to be aware of it, and the corridor reeked of smoke. Not impressed, Hampton!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelingonabudget

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is GREAT!! Clean, bright accommodations - friendly, helpful staff. Loved spending time here. Staff was very nowledgeable about tourist attractions and just plain nice! Had a great stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Considering there are not a lot of options in that area I was a little nervous about the condition of the room, but I was pleasantly surprised. I felt like it was very clean and I actually slept very well which is difficult for me when I'm not in a 5 star hotel. I think this hotel should be rated a 4 instead of a 3. It was definitely the nicest thing I saw in the Mammoth, KY area.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The title says it all. This would be a nice place to stay for a night if the employees were helpful. It was easy to tell that they didn't care whether they got my business or not. SO, if you can avoid every needing anything from the staff then not a bad choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Clean and cozy rooms. Beds are comfy. Good breakfast included with good coffee! Friendly staff. Was able to check in a little early which was nice. A bit loud but more so due to unruly children down the hall and above us. Close distance to Mammoth Cave and just off of I-65.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The front desk woman was helpful in checkin and giving us a packet of information. our room on the third floor had two nice chairs to sit in which was nice. HOWEVER they served smoked bacon for breakfast of which the odor somehow wafted into the bedroom starting at 4am or so. I do not know how it went up to the third floor but it was literally like grandma was cooking in the frying pan next to our bed. The room was otherwise clean. The room smelled like deodorant spray, perhaps to cover up the bacon. Commented on it to front desk at checkout.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RocFamily
Reviewed July 1, 2014

A little updating would go a long way a this hotel. Whiel the bed was comfortable and the staff very pleasant, its time for Hampton to update properties and breakfast menus. Location was great for what we wanted to do.

Also, our view out the window was an electrical transformer and a highway exit. Beyond that over the highway was a Love's truck stop. Location, location, location. Probably wouold not repeat a stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
15 mi away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Glasgow

Been to Knights Inn Horse Cave? Share your experiences!