“Great stay a little bit farther from mammoth cave.”

Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Horse Cave
Bel Air, Maryland
“Great stay a little bit farther from mammoth cave.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hampton inn was clean. Service was excellent. My only complaint is that horse cave is a little farther from mammoth caves than hotels in cave city or park city. However I don't think you could find a nicer hotel near mammoth cave.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Bad air conditioner, bad smell, warped bathroom door
unsatisfied

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Please upgrade you air conditioner. It's so loud that I couldn't sleep almost the whole night. I appreciate the breakfast selection: yogurt, the fresh fruit, cereal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was put across from the inside pool area and two doors down from housekeeping. When checking in anywhere remember PEH (Pool, Elevator, Housekeeping). These three should be avoided at all costs if you want a good sleep.

Staff: Woman who I checked in with was wonderful (happened to be the one who also checked me out). Due to the problems, the woman comped my room which was more than I wanted/expeced. The woman on third shift was sooooooo slow that it was uncanny. I called for about 10 minutes, the front desk, to make a wake up call. The phone was never answered. Thus I ended up walking down there. One guy was standing there checking in. Again, the woman was slo slow doing it (I stood there for ten minutes), I finally leaned over and told her the phone to the front desk must not be working and that I need a wake up call.

Breakfast: I didn't have it as both times I went down there was nowhere to sit.

Room: Good. Beds were excellent.

Location: Good, just off the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator, housekeeping, and the pool. Also, I am not a kid person and t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The staff were extremely accomodating and thoughtful. We stayed 2 nights and our group included our 6 grandchildren with the oldest being 5 years old. They were able to meet our needs in terms of room arrangements. Gena was very gracious and even called to let us know that we had left a blanket belonging to one of the children and then kindly mailed it to us. The breakfast staff willingly checked ingredients used in the waffles since some of the children have nut alergies. Every staff member was gracious and welcoming. The pool had a small outdoor patio that offered some fresh air. The pool water was quite warm so being able to go out on the patio for a snack was refreshing. Our family mini-break was made all the more enjoyable because we felt right at home at our home away from home for that week end.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After reading many reviews of hotels/motels in this area cleanliness became a top concern. This hotel did a great job. I asked for adjoining rooms and received them. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed. The Wi-fi is free. There is a business center with a free computer to use. Breakfast was fine, coffee always available, staff very friendly. You'll pay a tad bit more, but it's worth it.

• Stayed June 2012
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Although this is a bit of a drive to better restaurants and Mammoth Cave National Park, it is worth it to stay here. Bedding and bath pristine, everything else very comfortable. We love Hampton Inns for the consistency of the experience. Teresa was very helpful. We looked at possibly staying at the Mammoth Cave Lodge, but that was musty and old, happy to have our cozy clean room a few miles away. We didn't use any exercise or pool facilities. The tours at the caves were enough exercise for me!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Super 8 Cave City
Super 8 Cave City
#1 of 12 in Cave City
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave

Been to Hampton Inn Horse Cave? Share your experiences!