“Sweet southern hospitality”

Mama Lou's Bar B Que
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Horse Cave
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Sweet southern hospitality with great food. This place offers great food with really great portions. Ordered the loaded shredded pork potato, it was massive, so large I couldn't see the potato for all the pork. Can't wait to stop through again..

3  Thank Durell C
There are newer reviews for Mama Lou's Bar B Que

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Okay we were looking forward to eating here since the reviews were great, BUT we drove to Horse Cave and had to ask at a gas station in the center of town for the location. They told us that it is actually in Munfordville, one town over!! So off we went just to find out that they closed at 4:00 on a Sunday. If interested for the real address, it is just west off the Munfordville exit of I-65. We can't rate your food, but we can rate the running around we had to do. Hope this helps someone else from wasting their time.

4  Thank talltree24
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I really just do not know where to begin!! The sampler is loaded with perfect ribs, shoulder, pulled pork, and brisket. All of the sauces are extremely flavorful but my favorite was the vinegar based sauce. The sides are cooked to perfection; fried potatoes (not greasy), slaw is perfect blend of sweet/vinegar, the baked beans had a great smoke flavor and the corn bread.... Oh my!! The corn bread!! Then we split a piece of the double chocolate fudge cake and it was warm, rich, and moist.
We ended up with to go boxes for a great lunch tomorrow. These folks in UNO, KY sure can cook! We will be back. Great food for the $$ and certainly worth your drive.

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Food tasty. Nice portions. Service could have been better. Short girl with glasses New to the business. I could tell from the level of service. Standoffish attitude didn't smile once and only stopped by to bring check. Even then didn't check on me. First time here left first impression on me

1  Thank tonyvas328
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

What a great little find. We ate at their location at Horse Cave. You wouldn't think from the outside it would be anything. You sit at card tables with table cloths and are served on paper plates. Their food more than makes up for it. They have outstanding pulled pork and their loaded pulled pork bake potato was so tasty and huge . They are reasonably price too. This was the highlight of our trip food wise and next time we are in the area we will definitely go back.

1  Thank Kelly F