“Just what I was looking for”

Mama Lou's Bar B Que
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Horse Cave
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was tired of fast food, and pulled off the highway for a break. I'm glad I did.

I had the pulled pork, and put the hot sauce and cole slaw on it. Awesome!

No complaints except the TV was blaring music videos.

Food was great, service was great.

1  Thank Gvis2020traveler

Reviewed August 24, 2013

food was great and we enjoy finding the places to eat that are not the big chain restaurants , very friendly staff , prices were good , portions were large.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is one of the best BBQ restaurants I have ever eaten at. It is by far the best in Kentucky. I moved back to Kentucky from Georgia in 2010 and have not found BBQ that was palatable until Mama Lou's. I had the pulled pork which was moist and had a great smoky flavor. The hot BBQ was outstanding. All the sides were great. We sampled the green beans, potato salad, backed beans, coleslaw, and fried potatoes. All were excellent. This is a place that you don't want to miss if you are in the area. The only drawback is that they don't take credit cards.

1  Thank jasonedoughty
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food was great and you can not beat the prices. Hometown atmosphere and hospitality. Wonderful all the way around. Made these visitors from flint, michigan feel like family. Love mama and papa lou.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We would have never stopped here if it hadn't been recommended by a local -- definitely a hole in the wall. Not much atmosphere but the food was good. My son and I enjoyed the pretzel burgers while my husband said that the pork steak was very good. My other son loved the pulled pork. Nothing impressive on the outside but good food and really friendly service on the inside.

1  Thank Ann J