“Clean, quiet and under new management!” 4 of 5 stars

Horse Cave Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   319 South Dixie Hwy, Horse Cave, KY 42749   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Horse Cave
Campton, Kentucky
“Clean, quiet and under new management!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Family of 4 stayed 2 nights. Room and sheets clean and smelled nice. New owner/manager is making an effort to revamp an older motel. Small bathroom with only a shower but it does have a fridge, air conditioner and microwave. Manager was very nice and spoke to us every time we saw him. As I said before it is older and does have a few little quirks but it was clean and I felt very welcome and safe. We will stay again when in the Mammoth Cave area.

Room Tip: Ours was a double and it was fine for 2 adults and 2 kids. You can hear a train whistle far off at n...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Carla K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This place is not fancy in any way, but was simple and clean in an old-fashioned way. There are chairs in front of the rooms and since the weather was nice, it was pleasant to sit and take in the sights of the green forested hills.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank dickerin
Hohenwald, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

That pretty well sums it up, it's not fancy, but clean. The only real issue, NO HOT WATER! This was the issue when I stayed here in January. Coincidence? One would hope. I told the AM desk clerk, who said, "You can talk to the manager when she comes in". Not the helpful response I hoped for, but in this day and time, it seems that few take pride in their work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Lonnie M
Horse Cave, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have never stayed at such a bad place. The owner is rude constantly in your room while you are gone. It is very dirty, the bathroom had mold all in it. DO NOT STAY HERE. THE MANAGER is actually the owner. He overcharged me for the room and wanted me to pay extra just to have a visitor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Dena G

Travelers are raving about these Horse Cave hotels

Avon, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My family and I booked through priceline for 3 nights; but only stayed 1 it was $35 a night but NOT worth the price. We arrived with our 3 children checked in and as we were unloading our things the manager/owner comes to us as says we need to pay an extra $5 per child fee, our room only included 1 child. We refused and after a while he stopped arguing with us and left. When we entered our room we couldn’t believe our eyes. The carpet was newer but it looked as if someone pieced it together, my 3 year old run in took off his shoes and cut his toe, because nails are in the carpet, the blankets were stained, there was MOLD on the ceiling in the shower, which the ceiling was cracked and falling in, The WINDOW in the bathroom was molded, the sink had a long mold strip growing behind it, the place SMELLED horrible, and there was an empty beer case under 1 of our beds. We wanted OUT!! My husband went to the manger and told him we would pay for that night but would be leaving and asked we have the other 2 unused nights refunded. The manager REFUSED to do that and pointed to a sign that said “NO REFUNDS.”We eventually had to call the police and treated to do bodily harm to him if he didn’t refund our money! And I am ashamed to say all of this happed in front of our 3 children and their 5 children which live at the motel with them and the children do the work. I say 1 maybe 10 collecting rent from someone in the motel, another checked us in, (unreal) This place is so bad we chose to drive around for 12 hours looking for a room because a semi over turned and the interstates shut down trapping thousand of people in this tiny town with no place to stay!!!!!!! NO COULD NOT LEAVE it was a nightmare! If you want a crack motel you found it, please be smart don’t go for the price!

Room Tip: DON'T stay here!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Vlongbrake
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Very old motel in clear need of renovation. I stayed in an upstairs room because one of the downstairs rooms I was allocated was dirty/smelly. The room I stayed in was tatty, but OK for one night.

I was the only guest at the motel although there were more than 20 rooms available. On the plus side, the service was fine (especially as I arrived just before midnight and they were waiting for me) and they had a cheap rate. Great location - only 15 minutes to Mammoth Cave NP

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
#3 of 11 in Cave City
3.5 of 5 stars 225 reviews
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave

Been to Horse Cave Motel? Share your experiences!