“Absolutely Amazing”

Hidden River Cave and American Cave Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take an in-depth look at the fascinating world of caves as you journey through gigantic subterranean chambers made out of limestone.After you explore the underground, try out the aerial view from our new zip-line and rappel! Don't forget our 2 level museum featuring caves.
Barboursville, West Virginia
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I would like to say this was a great family fun day. We explored the museum and then were taken on a guided tour of the cave by Amanda, who is very knowledgeable and answered everyone's questions. Then Clayton and Charolay took great care of us while we repelled. I was quite the nervous one but both of them were positive and encouraging while I repelled down 75 feet to the ground. Then they took us zip lining. Again, another great experience. The family had a wonderful day thanks to all of the amazing and knowledgeable employees!!!!!

Visited November 2013

Portland, Maine, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Came for mammoth cave and found this gem. My son got to zip line and then learn to repel into the cave. The hour tour and museum were the vest. The people are very nice and knowledgeable. The plans are for a future zip line INSIDE the cave. We WIlL be back.

Going for the 5 hour adventure tour.

Visited November 2013
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“A Hidden Treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My brother and his wife were visiting us from New York. He loves caves and spelunking but he had already done Mammoth Cave on a previous visit. So we thought we would try this place. We thoroughly enjoyed touring the cave and browsing through the American Cave Museum. The tour guide (we had Gary) did a fantastic job pointing out artifacts and cave critters, describing the history of this once forgotten place, quizzing us with trivia questions that made us hungry to learn more. Check out every nook and cranny if you have time and if you want even more adventure, try zip lining and rappelling or even the Cave Adventure Tour. Very well-informed and pleasant staff. We intend to visit again!

Horse Cave, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Great time in Horse Cave Ky.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am a 60yr old woman with neurothopy and arthritis; and I came to Horse Cave to visit family. I really enjoyed the experience at the Cave Museum and cave; because even with my health problems the staff catered to my particular needs to make my visit a very pleasant one. I was able to zip line, repelled and caving.
Charoley, Gary, and Clayton were very informative to make it very interesting, as well as,it felt like part Indiana Jones and Mission Impossbile movie experience making me feel like I was 20yrs, old again! I would recommend this experience to anyone.

2 Thank travelingvicky2013
Nicholasville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent. Well-Trained Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My friend and I, both senior citizens, took the guided tour with Amanda. Zipplined and repelled
with the expert guidance of Gary and Chable(sp?). Couldn't have asked for a better experience!
The 3 were knowledgeable, with excellent people skills. The greeter at desk, sorry, forgot your
name, was friendly, eager to answer questions and made us feel welcomed.

1 Thank Carole E