“GREAT FRESH”

Da Vinci's Little Italian
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Hopkinsville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small, family owned place that packs a big bite into a huge value.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Everything is made to order and is fresh!! Chef makes his own sauce and wonderful bread & pasta. The place is swamped make reservations, you will still have a small wait. That's OK because everyone just visits with each other. Has full menu selection and children's menu, staff is very friendly and helpful with menu recommendation that you are not familiar with. Always look forward to going there.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

What did we like? Oh my goodness...EVERYTHING!!!!!!! FABULOUS Italian food and great atmosphere. Worth the drive from Pleasant View TN.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The best meal for two we've ever had for $40 (plus tips), including two entrees, one appetizer, two glasses of wine, a beer and coffee. Marvelous. We were probably the only out-of-towners there on an overnight stop in Hopkinsville. The restaurant, on a Thursday evening, was full -- family laughter at one table, a very well behaved girl about 4 at another table with four adults, an Army officer in uniform from the nearby base also enjoying everything. The servers were friendly and cheerful. Everyone in the small two-room restaurant seemed to be local, people who appreciated great food and knew where to dine splendidly on a decent budget. The chef-owner prepares everything fresh daily. The portions were so generous neither of us finished our entrees. The mozzarella in my wife's lasagna was soft and fresh and mountainous. I loved the spaghetti with garlic and olive oil. And dipping the fresh crusty bread in the leftover olive oil made a wonderful dessert in itself. I told our hostess if she put on a little black dress and high heels and if the chef would don a toque, they could charge $200 for the same meal at what was once my favorite Italian restaurant on 52nd Street in New York. It's that good. TIP: if you're from out of town, you'll need to ask for directions at your motel. It was a left turn, right turn, left turn, another left turn, and a final right turn driving the four miles to DaVinci, which is just a bit past the hospital on the west side of Hopkinsville. And then seven turns in all, when driving back. THANK YOU, TRIP ADVISOR: we would have never discovered DaVinci had I not logged on to your web site upon arrival at the motel for the night.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

[] Food,(variety, portion size, quality)= outstanding
[] Customer Service = Outstanding Left over 20% tip that good
[] Reservations highly recommended

This definitely qualifies as a hole in the wall, mom and pop, family owned small eatery. But in my lifetime these have always proven to be the best spots. A friend of ours recommended Da Vinci's so my wife and I went here on a date night tonight to celebrate her birthday. I called ahead of time and found out you definitely want to make reservations. When we got to the restaurant we saw why. As with any small restaurant, seating is limited, and good seating (private) is even more limited.

Over the phone I had asked for their more reserved table, but when we got there (they sat us right away), but sat us not where I was told. But it was a quick fix, we just waited for the family that was there to leave (only took 10 minutes). Probably would've been smarter to just have us wait 10 minutes. But anyways, that was the only hiccup the whole night.

Our waitress was extremely professional and friendly. We ordered a bottle a wine and the bruschetta. The bruschetta was fresh and on point. Their garlic bread is served with olive oil for dipping. We never felt rushed and everything was perfectly on time for us.

I ordered the chicken parm and she ordered the spaghetti with meatballs. I got my plate and my jaw dropped as to how big the chicken was. Of course I've got to get my man vs food on and I had to go "HAM on dat" <--- translation: I inhaled it.

Man it was by far one of the best chicken parm's I've had in a LONG time (including places up north and back home in the northeast). Words can't describe. If you're a chic parm kind of guy then you need to get to Da Vinci's and loosen your belt buckle.

Maria said the meatballs tasted just like her Grandma's cookin'. I had to try some of hers (you know, in order to give it a fair review ;) and man oh man it was amazing. Like raining with a chance of meatballs big and just tastes so good!

Someone had left a review that this wasn't real italian. That person is a weirdo (sorry). We've been married for 11 years, her families Italian from Chicago... and we've eaten just about at every Italian restaurant in IL and this place is great folks!

Lastly, there were couples on date night, there were friends getting together, girls night out, and families with kids all packed into this restaurant and everyone blended just fine and again... the service was just as great as the atmosphere and food.

We will definitely be back to try the veal parm (which was sold out) and the pizza everyone's raving about from here.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

When I want something other the standard foods of the area I enjoy Da Vinci's. The food is always fabulous, and the staff stay on top of things. It is always busy so you may want to call for reservations.