“Clean, friendly, with breakfast to boot!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Henderson
“Clean, friendly, with breakfast to boot!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. We returned due to our satisfaction on our last visit. We enjoyed our stay on both visits. We will definitely stay here again. The only con is no pool. However, due to our busy schedule, there was no time to swim.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ken P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you very much for your business. I appreciate your kind words about your experience at Sleep Inn Hotel. The staff here do their best to keep everything nice and clean.
Looking forward to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Huntsville
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This Sleep Inn was a "partner" for an event I was involved in and so I wanted to give them my business. Given that their reviews here were mostly ok, I gave it a go.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The facility was clean if a little worn looking. The breakfast was maybe on the "slightly sparse" side of typical but was good.

My room (Rm215) was a single with a king. Kind of spacious for a single. No bath tub but a walk-in shower in a bathroom with a pocket door. The sink was out in "the room".
As for cleanliness, it wasn't bad but there wasn't a great attention to detail and the few issues that this created warranted mentioning. Spiders in a couple of corners, mold above the shower door and around the inside of that door and (a common problem with MANY hotels) it was pretty clear that housekeeping hadn't gone into the bathroom and closed the door. If they had they surely would have cleaned the inside of it.

I've spent my share of time using campground facilities and have lived in a college dorm so I wasn't really upset by any of this. I can say that had I been there with my family I would have felt badly for subjecting them to that shower and my daughters would have freaked out about the spiders (only two, VERY small, well behaved). I was there by myself though and I was not in Henderson for the hotel and I WAS getting a very good rate so I suppose this the other side of the deal.

On checking out I mentioned the mold to the desk clerk and she showed clear concern and seemed a bit upset about it. She said something about how they were supposed to give the rooms a "deep cleaning" this summer but hadn't started. I got the impression that whomever is supposed to initiate this cleaning has not done it. She assured me she would pass along the mold issue to management.

All in all I would not dissuade others from staying here. It may just be a mater of managing expectations. As I said, the staff was pleasant and the facility felt (largely) clean and safe. This is the only time I have ever been to this area and perhaps this is not unusually for an "under $100 a night" hotel room there. I can say that if I return next year I will probably try someplace else so that I have a comparison. I wouldn't hesitate to come back though if I see reviews indicating that they have "deep cleaned" the place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Ken P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had at our hotel and thank you for bringing it to our attention the problems with the room. We did remedy those problems for our future guests.
Thank you again for your business.
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Just what you would expect from a Sleep Inn - a good clean room without a lot of bells and whistles. Breakfast was simple but fine, but the best part was the attentive staff that was very helpful during our two night stay. We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Ken P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear James,

Thank you for staying with us.I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.We always like to hear from our guests.The staff at Sleep Inn try their best to accomodate our guests.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Typical Sleep Inn. Helpful staff, clean rooms, good breakfast with nice breakfast room. Stay off the 3rd floor since that is where they put the smokers. Overall a positive experience and I would stay again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is where they put the smokers so request a 1st or 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ken P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you Julio for your review about your last stay with us. I will share this review with rest of our team. Glad to hear that every thing was up to your expectation.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2014

When this hotel was first built, probably in the late 70s or early 80’s, it was a very nice place. Now it’s kinda dated, but it was still a good place to spend a quiet night. The high ceilings, decorating, and fancy woodwork betray the place’s age. Our room had a very unique rounded wall that housed the room’s shower, and the bathroom also had pocket doors. The room’s TV remote didn’t work and we had to ask for a luggage rack. Breakfast was typical, but they had sausage, biscuits, and gravy. Despite some shortcomings, we felt this hotel was good for the price and we would definitely stay here again. In case you need one, theres a grocery store across the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dmarkwind
Ken P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I thank you for staying with us. Glad your stay was comfortable one. Also thank you for responding to our survey. We appreciate our guests feedback. This hotel was built in 1998 and under going renovation. Hope to see you back on your next trip to Henderson.
Paducah
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Asked for a non smoking room. Stains on the couch, bed and bothered by a loud noise from the air unit literally less than a foot from our door! Nasty! The whole place tweaked of smoke!!!!!!!!!!! Will not ever come back! Motel 6 is cleaner than this junk!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LynnDurbin
Ken P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I am really sorry to hear that you had a such a terrible stay at our hotel on your last visit. We will remedy those issues as soon as possible. Your room is a non smoking room. You smelled smoke in hallway due to the fact that there are smoking rooms at the other end of hallway.Thank you for bringing the shortcomings to our attention.

Travelers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Equality, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We just stayed at a Sleep Inn in Henderson, KY on 3/6/14. They had a small winter storm, about 5 inches of snow, on 3/2/14 and 3/3/14. We checked in at about 4:30 PM. Every parking spot on the property was cleared off except the handicapped parking spots. They were still snow covered and nothing had been done to them. I mentioned this when checking in and was told it was because the sun never got to that side of the building. When I checked out on 3/7/14 at about 10:00 AM, I checked and the sun was shining brightly on the handicapped parking spots.

The toilet in the room was loose and wobbly. There was some kind of scum or growth or something on the shower side of the frame for the shower door. It wiped off easily enough for me. The tile in the bathroom floor had a huge crack running through it.

There was some kind of round column looking thing in the room as part of the wall and the ceiling that was attached to it was not attached to the ceiling. It looked as though the building had settled. There was also a vertical crack in the wall covering on this column looking thing that ran from the floor almost all the way to the ceiling.

All of this was mentioned at checkout and all that was wrote down was the loose toilet.

They did give me a $20 discount because the handicapped parking spots were still snow covered though. Like that would help me or anyone else that would happen to fall and get hurt because they were too inconsiderate to remove the snow from those 4 or so spots like they did the rest of the property.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I thank you for staying with us.I am extremely sorry about the Inconvenience you had suffered at our hotel. You are absolutely right, there is no excuse for not having the handicap parking spots cleared of snow. Thank you for bringing to our attention those deficiencies in your room. We will address those issues and will be remedied as soon as possible.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Comfort Inn
Le Merigot at Tropicana
Le Merigot at Tropicana
#14 of 36 in Evansville
Howard Johnson Evansville East

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!