“Low Key and Nice”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Henderson
Michigan
“Low Key and Nice”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently had to be in Henderson for family and chose this place to stay. There isn't anything spectacular about this hotel but if you are looking for a clean, low key place with a very friendly staff then this is it. We had the larger double bed room and it was very clean. The staff was very friendly and always seem to have a smile on their face. There is a hot breakfast that is scrambled eggs and a meat, a waffle machine and the rest of your standard hotel foods. The only negative is that is sits right on hwy 41 and it is a bit noisy at night so light sleepers be warned.

Room Tip: They have two sizes of their double bed rooms--be sure to book the bigger one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I were on a road trip looping from Minnesota east to New York, down to the Carolinas, Georigia, Alabama and back up through Indiana and Illinois.
Along this trip we stayed in many hotels - mostly the Choice hotels. We rely on TA reviews and also call the hotel direct # and ask questions...how old is your hotel, when were the rooms last renovated, are there any large groups or schools staying that night, is your facility all non smoking etc... We ask if they are running any promotions, what is the cheapest rate for the evening and always ask for a AARP or AAA discount that will save you 10%+
Our stay at this hotel was better than we expected. The room was clean, no bugs! The bathroom was in great condition, no lack of caulk or mold around the tub, no wallpaper falling down or cracked floor tiles. The TV reception was good, internet worked and the bed was comfortable. In the morning the complimentary breakfast was good, the tables were clean, and a free USA Today available for reading.
The staff was pleasant. checking in and out was easy. lots of parking, although making a turn out of the parking lot was difficult - lots of traffic!
Before leaving we drove through the Audubon Park just north of the hotel. would be a lovely place for a picnic or long walk if you had the time.
I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the staff - I left my hanging garment in the closet...and did not realize this for four days. When we phoned the hotel they were holding it!
Thank you to honest people!

Room Tip: prefer rooms on the top level, no noise from above... if you are picky about a room, ask to see it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here some years ago and had no issues. High TA score and low point redemption level made us decide to stay again.
Had sort of a bad feeling when we arrived at 2:40PM. After completing her personal phone call the lady at the desk said the room wasn't ready. Check in is 3 and while most hotels would be ready 20 minutes prior we were early and took a short drive around town. We returned at 3:25 and the same person said the room wasn't ready. After making a call she found that it was ready.
The room appeared fine when we got in. Later we noticed 2 or 3 ants on an end table. It seemed like no big deal at the time. We smashed them and thought no more of it. In the morning my wife was up to use the restroom and felt something. Ants were crawling on her. When we looked ants were everywhere by the hundreds. On the end table, wall, ceiling. I took photos. They were in the bathtub and sink. Absolutely disgusting.
I went to the desk and the same lady from the day before was there. When I told her my problem she gave me Windex because "it'll kill them but not stink". She seemed unconcerned that they were in the room. When I asked if this was normal she said it had been dry.
Windex did kill the ants but we were frantically packing to leave when the power went out. Knowing that the elevators would be out we headed for the 2nd floor stairwell. Dragging suitcases down steps beats sharing a room with bugs. NO EMERGENCY LIGHTS IN THE STAIRWELL. I used the flashlight on my phone to lead us and a fellow from the 3rd floor out.
It certainly seems as if that is a safety code violation. Bugs are one thing. Safety is another entirely.
The story ends with me turning in my room key to the same person who I had been dealing with from check in to check out. When she asked me my room number I told her the one with ants and she looked at me like I was crazy.
Needless to say any future visits to Henderson will not be spent at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macndave

Travelers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Hotel front desk staff was rude rooms were semi clean linen was gray towels were gray with rust spots. Ask for more towels and the front desk clerk needed to know how many adults were in the room because children are to use hand towels get real the child is 15. Cont breakfast out of coffee by 7:15 asked for it to be refilled was told to drink decaf also on this point person working with the breakfast was also working with the hotel laundry ick. Room had cob webs, dusty and the bathroom was kind of gross with moisture drip. If you needed another roll of toilet tissue and asked for one you were asked what did you do with the other one just rude person. Elevator dirty hallways smelled of pesticide and funky stuff. Kids were warned if they acted like kids but the drunks from KY on the 3rd floor could knock on doors run in halls and fight all night. Some of our group went across the parking lot to another hotel we shoud have done the same. I guess you get what you pay for. Small dirty room with rude staff

Room Tip: Go across the parking lot to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
chester
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel has a funky smell to it from the minute you walk in the door. There's not
enough Febreze made to conquer it. Staff was friendly, though. Pool was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2012

When we could not find hotel accommodations in Owensboro we drove to Henderson and located this hotel. We were without reservation however it was a week end and we felt would could get a room. We were correct as we were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. Our room was nice and since we very tired from driving that day found the sleep that night to be excellent. The breakfast was good. Plenty of free parking just out our door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel is a great choice. It is reasonably priced but doesn't lack any of the features of the more expensive hotels. It was about $30 less than the one across the parking lot. The decor was very nice and it was very clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Sleep Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
#2 of 36 in Evansville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!