“Good Value”

Henderson Downtown Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Henderson
Henderson Downtown Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Henderson B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I tried this motel last year and had a good experience. They are in the process of renovating. We got one of the new rooms and it was fine. Very clean. I am now staying here for a week. My room is clean and comfortable. The rooms are basic, but well worth the low price. The manager could not be nicer. Give this place a try.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve H

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stopped at this hotel because it was late and we were too tired to look any further. The exterior looked OK, but we should have been warned when we asked the owner/manager for a non-smoking room, and he shrugged and said, "They are all". There was some language barrier so I thought maybe he meant they are all non-smoking, but apparently from the smell of the room they are all smoking. The bottom line is that this is a property that is in need of serious updating and repair. There were holes in the drywall, the furniture was falling apart - literally, We opened a drawer looking for a blanket - which we never found, and the front of the drawer fell off. There were ants crawling on the sink. The caulking around the tub was chipped and in some places gone.

I believe the intent of the owner/manager was good, but based on my experience it is definitely not a place I would recommend to another traveler. If you are looking for sheer economy, the price would be right. But we did not feel secure, and the only clean thing about the room appeared to be the linens.

Room Tip: The room we were given was on the upper floor in the corner. It was a two room "suite" wit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wanda H
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I tried to find reviews about this motel and didn't have any luck. They also didn't have a website, but I booked a room for 2 nights anyway. The rate of $50/night had me wondering how "good" this motel was and I thought maybe I should make a reservation at one of the hotel chains some miles away instead. But I wanted to be in downtown Henderson so I trusted my instinct. The motel was a nice pleasant surprise.

The room was suitable for the needs of my girlfriend and me as we traveled to Henderson for a baby shower. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were so plump, they must have been new. It was nice to have the sink and vanity in an area separate from the toilet and tub. The room was clean. The hot water was hot and the cold water was cold. The stopper for the bathtub didn't fit, but a wash cloth stuffed in its place worked fine. There was even a refrigerator in the room. There was a minor issue of one lamp not working due to a broken plug so we just used another lamp. The curtains blocked out the early morning sunlight very well.

Though the room may not have the most up-to-date decor, it was clean and suitable.

The owner/manager was friendly - even shook my hand when we checked out. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends