“Convenient to Airport”

DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Booked this hotel since we were flying out of Greater Cincinnati Airport. It is literally a very few minutes away by shuttle transport. The staff is very welcoming and the chocolate chip cookiescgiven at check in aren't bad either:)!! We were upgraded both stays (departing and arriving from trip). Rooms spacious and bed super comfortable with nice linens. Very, very quiet!!! Did not hear any air or road traffic. Or sounds from other people staying here. Another huge plus was being able to leave our car in their lot at no charge for the 11 days we were gone. Transfer from airport back to hotel is easily arranged by phone at baggage retrieval area. There is an on site restaurant which is pricey as places like this tend to be. But food not bad and, again, very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms at both stays were very good. Ask for van upgrade!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had a much different impression of the hotel than many of the reviews I read. My most significant issue occurred shortly after I had checked in, I was tired from a full week of my business trip, and had fallen asleep late in the afternoon. I had deadbolted and security latched the door before removing my business clothes and laying down on the bed to watch tv. Some time later, I was wakened by the sound of someone trying to open the door, but then he went away. Several minutes after that, he came back with a pass key that also allowed him open the deadbolt, and he opened the door against the safety latch. At that point he announced he was the bellman, and I told him to go away. A few minutes later, the manager on duty called to apologize for the interruption, and I told him that the bellman had not told him the entire story about finding the door deadbolted and obtaining a key that would open the deadbolt, when he should have realized that meant a guest was in the room and didn't want to be disturbed. To me, this shows a lack of training to respect the privacy and security of guests who have deadbolted their doors.

The convenience of this hotel (within walking distance of the CVG terminal) was outweighed by the security concerns, which almost made me stay in for dinner rather than leave the room.

The other relevant critique is that I have for this hotel is the room had a very musty smell, and a strange thermostat that didn't allow you to set a heating or cooling temperature separately. They moved up or down in a preset 4 degree range. Also, HHonors members with gold or diamond status should know that they didn't provide an internet access code at check-in, and I had to call the front desk when I attempted to connect to the internet.

Room Tip: The hotel has what seems like an older 2-story section (although the room had been renovated) and a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CincinnatiManager, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the intrusion and for any questions of safety it caused. We take situations like these very seriously and we have discussed the incident with employees and our security team to prevent similar occurrences in the future. Your feedback will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here at least 3 or 4 times. After out last few stays, they have officially lost our business! The time before last the hot tub was cold. When I inquired about it I was told maintenance just turned it on last night then the lady walked away! ????? This last time we arrive only to find that the hot tub was filled with dirt and plants! What a let down! We always look forward to the hot tub in the mornings. This time we were told it was broken and to expensive to fix. How tacky to fill a hot tub with dirt & plants! Looks ridiculous. Not to mention the website still advertised HOT TUB! When we arrive to our room we find we were given a room that had a shower. I have a 4yr old and it is very difficult to give her showers. The manager said all rooms were filled when we asked to be moved except for a smoking room! Uhh no thanks. Also the website claims they are a non smoking facility! After realizing the manager didn't care we called it quits as it was very late after a reds game. They gave us $20 off. Gee thanks! When I wake up the next morning I'm all itchy. There's a patch of bites on my chest. BED BUGS! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2012
CincinnatiManager, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel recently and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company to prevent and address situations such as this. Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests and we will share your comments with our team in an effort to be more aware of signs of potential problems.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel is great. First we got this hotel via Priceline for September 15, a Saturday, for wait for it...$45! Shut Up. No joke. By far, the best $45 hotel I've ever gotten. Given the location is at the airport, you have your own exit at the airport and getting in and out of the parking lot is not as bad as one would think, especially if you are use to a major city. Upon checkin, we were given hot cookies straight from the warmer at the desk. Lobby is spacious and lots of room. Rooms were clean. Bed comfortable. Pillows, aaaahhhh. You have to pay for internet access and we can concur, you can get free wi-fi at McDonalds these days, so not really what I would expect at a Hilton at any level. You can ask for a free 1 hour code, per person at the check in desk. As for breakfast, it's either there are the hotel or you would have to drive about 10 minutes to the closest exit for a fast food restaurant.

Room Tip: The nicer you are at check in, the nicer they'll be to you.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotwire at a discount, and we knew we would be staying at a 3.5 star hotel. So first off, no complaints when we pulled up to the very well-kept property of the Doubletree. The grounds were beautifully kept and maintained right off the airport terminal. The lobby was immactulate, and check-in was quick and easy (with warm cookies to great us, which is always nice).

Parking was free and easily accessible. Our check-in attendent told us to pull around the side for the parking lot and enter through another door to easily access the elevator to our room. Everything was in working order and looked very clean, so I was amazed that the carpet has more stains than I thought I'd expect to see. It didn't look dirty; just stained.

Our room was clean and ready for our arrival. The bathroom was wonderfully clean, linens were fresh, bedspreads were great. We dropped off our things and went to dinner.

When we came back, we encountered an issue. At some point while we were gone, a strange black grime has filtered up out of the bathroom sink and lingered around. It left a black scum mark in our sink, no smell. Just gross-looking. We called down to the front desk, and the attendent answered right away and was very attentive. She sent someone to our room within 10 minutes. The gentleman who arrived to clean the sink explained that there had recently been a plumbing issue -- when a neighboring room flushed their toilet, it caused a backup into our room. (Ew.) He cleaned the sink, and I asked whether or not they had any additional rooms that we could move to. I already knew the answer (it was Oktoberfest weekend), and he replied in kind. He apologized that they were full and there was nothing more they could do than clean the sink at this time.

For the rest of the evening, we washed our hands in the bathroom tub (which didn't have this problem and was quite clean and well-maintained). And aside from this issue, our stay was decent. Beds were comfortable. Digital TV signal leaves a little to be desired; we never seemed to get a clear channel for very long.

Over all, I can't complain. It is a nice property. But I can't help but feeling like they shouldn't have rented out a room that had a known plumbing issue. I would consider staying here again if I could get a deal, but there are a lot of other hotels in the area that I love more.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels and the Doubletree next to Cincinnatti air port (actually in Hebron Kentucky) A+ in my book. The entrance area is beautiful with plenty of seating where people tend to gather. The grand colonade leading to the bedrooms is reminiscant of the grand old big city hotels with a sweeping ceilings and ornate columns. Best of all the room itself was brand spanking new and full of high quality furniture and bedding. The bathroom has a shower instead of a tub which I thought was very nice (who takes a bath at a hotel tub - yick). Late checkout. Warm cookies on arrival (standard with Doubletree). Plush bedding, deep pillows and a down comforter. I slept like a baby. Oh - and this place was only 90 bucks?? 40 bucks cheaper than the holiday inn express down the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice staff, nice hotel, good restaurant, oversized rooms nice, parking free! For the price a decent deal. RIght on airport property not far from terminal. Would stay here again. hard to access bathroom in terms of closing door, given the weird layout of the restroom/restroom door.

Room Tip: ask for room with extended sitting area, and the rooms in the two story part of the structure..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank colesloough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebron
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cincinnati Airport, KY
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!