“Impressed even for a one night stay!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We drive down to Cincinnati regularly to see our son who attend college at UC. Even thou this hotel was near the airport, this was my best sleep so far for the past year and a half in the area. The room is clean and the 2 beds are most excellent for a good night sleep. We had a room facing the inside and had the furnace view but that didn't matter for I was looking for a comfy, quiet sleep. I was also surprised by the quietness since we were near the airport. Not one plane woke me up or my family.
My only complaint was the one hour use of internet then after that you have to pay. When majority of hotels have wifi or free internet, I do not understand why this hotel charges extra.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed for two nights while enjoying a time with friends before we flew out to Cancun. Here is the review- Yes, you are very close to the airport terminal. 279 steps to be exact. Yes, you do not hear the airport noise. Yes, the staff is very friendly. Yes, the pool and hottub are very good. I don’t know when it comes to the famed cookies. They didn’t have any. Yes, you can park your car there for 7 nights. Yes, I would stay here again any time I would fly out of Cinci airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This is a perfect hotel for staying THISCLOSE to CVG airport. We used the stay and fly package for a one-night's stay and parking for a week - a very good deal.

Excellent service and attitudes at check-in-, check-out, and on the shuttle. Yummy cookies upon arrival. Lovely and large room with comfy king bed, full sofa, relaxing chair, flat screen tv, large desk, exceptional bathroom with walk-in shower. All looked newly updated with good colors and lighting - and a different, more spacious layout than the usual hotel room. Not one sound, jet or otherwise, was heard during the night.

As for cost of internet: We had a choice of paying for 24 hours OR 1 hour for free; perhaps this latter option is available only to Hilton Honors members (not sure).

Can walk to the airport, but take the shuttle -- it's quick and safer. Shuttle driver was very friendly both to and from, and on the return, took us two steps from our vehicle and waited to make sure the car started - very considerate.

No complaints whatsoever; we were actually happily surprised, will return, and have already recommended this DoubleTree to friends and family.

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room on a higher floor
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I chose this property because all of the major hotels in downtown Cincinnati were booked a month before. The shuttle bus was prompt in picking me up at the airport and delivered me to the front of the hotel in less than five minutes. Surprisingly, the hotel is just across the street from the airport; I suppose a guest could walk there from the airport if necessary.

Check-in was fast and efficient. A 9:40 pm check in was met with a comment about being overbooked, but I did get a room nonetheles and a cookie. Since I arrived late, I decided to take dinner in the hotel restaurant before it closed at 10:00 pm. The mushroom swiss hamburger plate was delicious and filling, and at a very reasonable price. The wait staff couldn't have been friendlier.

The room itself was spacious, clean, and good for doing some work at a well-lit desk. The bathroom was adequate, maybe just a tad plain and unadorned, but on par with most 3 star hotels. The bathdrain was a little slow but not worth making an issue over with the front desk. The bed was a king size bed, comfortable but not over the top, but just basic and met my expectations.

The breakfast buffet was satisfactory but did not have the greatest variety but it worked: scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, etc were provided and filling. Check out was very fast. Overall, a good hotel for one or two nights, but that's about it. I will return if I am ever back in the Cincinnati area.

Room Tip: Be a Hilton Honors member
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We were meeting friends early at the airport so I used priceline and ended up at the Doubletree for $75 (plus tax). What a steal. It's a beautiful hotel, nice granite countertops, super comfy beds, etc. The hotel is right across from the airport terminal and has parking. We were not disturbed by any airport noise whatsoever. The staff was great and the warm cookies were a welcome bonus. They treated us well despite our discount stay. Would return in a heartbeat if I could get the same price and would stay here again even if I couldn't get the discount. This hotel would be great for honeymooners staying the night before a flight out.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed for two nights and have absolutely no complaints. While I didn't use the airport (booked the hotel on hotwire), it is perfectly located within seemingly walking distance to the terminals. Having said that, once you are inside, you will forget there is an airport only yards away. I didn't hear a plane once. Actually, I didn't hear much of anything my entire stay. This Doubletree is very quiet and professional.

My room was in perfect condition, room service was fast, and the gym/pool area was immaculate. One of the cleanest fitness centers I've been in. Everything you need.

The internet is $13 a day, which I've read complaints about. The fact is you have the option to stay at a hotel that charges for internet, or not to. There are several hotels that offer complimentary internet. Weigh the pros and cons...

Cincinnati is about a fifteen minute drive away and very easy to get to.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2011

You cannot beat the airport location. The shuttle drive was about 2 minutes from the baggage claim.

This was a standard, good quality Doubletree Hotel with a delicious chocolate chip cookie on checkin.

The room was spacious, and the decor was masculine with fairly dim lighting in the room. I can only give the cleanliness category 2 stars because I found little items of neglect (like a bed that had crumbs on the bedspread, for example), but this could have been due to the dimness of the lighting!

I slept like a baby because the hotel was quiet, despite being completely full for a convention.

The bathroom had excellent lighting and was spacious. The towels were fluffy and I swear they smelled like the chocolate chip cookies! Room service was quick and efficient and fairly tasty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebron
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!