“Thisclose to CVG”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
South Dakota
“Thisclose to CVG”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

For a pre-flight overnight near CVG, this hotel is our fave. The cost of a restful night, combined with leaving the car parked in the Marriott lot for the duration of our trip, practically offset the cost of just parking elsewhere (even off-airport). The hotel is extremely close to CVG, sitting at the end of the main connector road, but is very quiet (no doubt because CVG is down three-quarters of its flights). Easy access to 275, either direction. Also, if you're driving and have a craving for Skyline Chili, there's one just down the road heading west.

Our room, hallways, and public areas were very clean, well maintained, and inviting -- and smoke-free. Service and attitude were excellent. Ample fitness room, tiny indoor pool, good restaurant, event facilities with lots of parking, a beautiful, new lobby (with a Starbucks off to the side). No complimentary breakfast (unless it comes with your particular rate plan).

Shuttle to the airport was quick, about every 15 minutes (although you should check ahead if it runs between midnight and 5 am). For a return, just call from your cell or airport phone near baggage for a prompt pick-up (from baggage claim, walk outside, cross over to the first "island" and stand near the yellow "hotel" sign on the round column -- we waited a mere 5 minutes after calling). Shuttle drivers were friendly and careful with luggage.

The room itself offered a two-tiered desk, perfect for working, along with an oversized tech plug-in box. Plenty of cable channels. Clean, white-white, nicer-than-usual bedding. Bathroom was standard size and partially upgraded. We did not hear our neighbors above, below, or beside us -- and the hotel was packed.

If I could change a couple things: A new bed, as it sunk toward the middle. A stronger bath fan. A fridge/microwave would be a plus, especially a small fridge. And please, Marriott, the charge for internet is low class and gouging.

However, we would most definitely stay again when a flying out of CVG, after checking the bed quality first, due to convenience, customer service, and cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our flight was delayed and we finally arrived in cinci around 12 am. We called for the shuttle and were told when we got on that they were "waiting for one other person" . so my 12 year old and I sat on the shuttle for 20 minutes waiting for the other person. he finally showed up. we get to the hotel and he (being a true gentleman) cuts in front of us. Turns out he is some sort of baseball player scout and got "superior service". no kidding we hung out for another 3o minutes while the night manager tried to figure out the new 'key system". We were going to the rolex in kentucky the next day and had to get up very early. I am a silver elite member and this (plus the griffen gate disaster) will end my loyalty. SO FINALLY AFTER about 40 minutes of [--]. the baseball scout the guy throws a key at me.
The breakfast bar is nice but I was supposed to have 2 FREE BREAKFASTS with my rate. which i ended up paying for. FOR my troubles, WOW WOOPIE they gave me 10or 12k miles.
AVOID this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tomuchtravel
DavidS9713, General Manager at Cincinnati Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your recent stay. We value your opinion and welcome all feedback as it allows us to improve our levels of service. I wish to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
It is certainly our goal to provide superior service to all our guests and I regret that our efforts with one guest resulted in inconvenience for you. Service delivery should not be performed for one at the expense of another.
I am sorry if we failed to provide the breakfasts as part of your stay, this is easily remedied and staff should have simply made the necessary accommodation for you at the time, instead of the offer of Reward points. I will certainly review this with my team and make the necessary corrections to response.
I deeply regret that your experience with us resulted in inconvenience and dissatisfaction. I assure you, your experience was in no-way typical of the high levels of service and guest satisfaction our hotel has become known for. I thank you for the feedback and I will use this experience to improve.
Regards, David Smith - General Manager
Hendersonville, NC
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This property is one of our favorites. The staff are outstanding and very service oriented. Clean, fresh rooms and housekeeping is always on top of the details in the room. Indoor pool area is always well attended too and is constantly checked by staff. Fitness center has a good selection of treadmills, bikes, free weights. Water, fresh towels and equipment cleaning wipes . Can not top the Marriott beds and there is no noticeable sound from being within minutes of the Airport. Within 10 minutes of Graeter's Ice Cream, which is a must have stop as we travel through the area. Always recognized for staying multiple times at property from the front desk staff. Will keep staying at this property .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lucasville,OH
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 5-11-13

Stayed here the night before our flight to Cancun. Very nice hotel. Staff was very polite and helpful. Nice rooms, very clean and comfortable. We used the park and fly option. Shuttle was fast and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Recently used the Marriott in Hebron, KY for a corporate meeting for several days/nights. Service was excellent. Meetings rooms were great. Food was awesome!!! Hotel rooms were very nice. Definitely will use again!!!

Room Tip: If you are looking to hold an meeting or event...they have great event planners there to assist you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
cincinnati,oh
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here the night before departing for Cancun vacation as we always do. Hotel is clean, modern with a friendly staff. We always stay with the park and fly option which is a good value leaving the car for 10 days. Shuttle to and from the airport is always quick, comfortable and professional!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, WV
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife, daughter and I were in Cincinnati to attend a couple Cincinnati Reds games. The hotel was clean and the customer service was good. I really liked their fitness center. It was a little nicer and a little bigger than some hotels had that I have stayed in lately.
My only complaint was that I wasn't informed that I would be paying for the Wireless Internet. Being that I have a phone with 4G and an I-Pad with 3G, I could have gotten by without the Wireless. I thought that when you tried to sign in that you got a screen saying that there was going to be charge. I didn't see one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hinesda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebron
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport

Been to Cincinnati Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!