“Great Food - Great Value - Great People”

China Wok Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 43 Restaurants in Hebron
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I work very close to this restaurant and have eaten there a LOT over the years. I am basing my review on my experience over time, not just one or two visits.

Food: Factoring out Oriental Wok (Which isn't really a comparable location despite also being a Chinese place) China Wok has the best tasting chinese food in Northern Kentucky. In some cases (such as with the Kung Pao chicken) the China Wok even beats out the Oriental Wok. Dishes are always freshly prepared and feature fresh ingredients and good quality pieces of meat. The menu is exactly what you would expect from a take-out/dine-in style of Chinese place. My favorite item is the Hot-N-Sour soup which is always done very well and comes with fried noodles on the side.

Service: If I have to give the China Wok a ding, its in the service. Sometimes they can be understaffed during lunch and you may wait a bit for a refill. The food itself comes to the table fast and you can still get in and out quick enough for an hour lunch break. The staff is always friendly and recognize me even though I don't go often enough that I consider myself a regular.

Value: 7 bucks for a giant plate of food, a side dish (soup or eggroll), and a drink. You really can't beat a 7 buck lunch that leaves you bursting at the seams and was delivered steaming hot.

Atmosphere: If you like your dining to be somewhere clean...you found a good place for it. The tables and floors aren't sticky. The bathrooms are clean and comfortable. I commented the last time I was there to my friends that "This is the cleanest restaurant ceiling I have ever seen". Not flashy but very comfortable.

Overall: I give this place a 5 circle rating not because I am a blind loyalist and think its the best place in NKY, but because I am rating it in relation to other places of a similar price range and style. My wife and daughter both request we eat there when going out for chinese (instead of the 15 closer choices) because of how inviting the whole experience is. This says something to me.

2  Thank Sabathius42
There are newer reviews for China Wok Restaurant

Been to China Wok Restaurant? Share your experiences!