“Used points for two night stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Niles MI
“Used points for two night stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We love country Inn and suites, it's our hotel of choice. I had used my points for a free two night stay here for a convention in the beginning of April. They were overbooked and gave my 2 Queen bed room away which was disappointing. We were not told this at check in and called as soon as we got in the room to question. We ended up with an "upgrade" which wasn't an upgrade to us, a king suite with fold out. We have back issues and find the fold outs don't always work real well for us. I had in the notes of my booking for a fold out if possible and asked at check in and was told he thought they had some of the 3rd floor and would bring one if he could.

When I called from the room a lady told us we couldn't have a fold out due to the room size now. Luckily the first person I talked to either ignored that or didn't know and brought us a twin fold out which fit perfectly with plenty of room against the wall at the foot of the King. Because of this the room worked out well for us. I wish I had caught his name, thank you.

Breakfast was PACKED both mornings we were there. The first they opened the conference room which helped the second they didn't. Both mornings we ate on the couches in the lobby along with several other people.

We did not use the pool or hot tub, it was packed with lots of kids every time we saw it, even in the morning.

It is a bit of a hike to the downtown convention center so I'm not sure if we'll do it again when we are going to the convention center but if you don't mind 15-20 minute drive it's okay. It's also very crowded if fully booked so be warned.

Other than that though it was your typical positive country inn experience.
p.s. The pillows were fabulous at this one!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms are clean and well decorated. The staff is fantastic and very helpful... Their breakfast provides a great variety of choices and a very good deal for the money. They have a good assortment of free weights and a nice pool and hot tub area...

Room Tip: Center of the building on the second floor can be a little noisy because it is just above the pool.
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for the weekend on a business trip. The hotel was close to the city and airport. The breakfast had healthy options which is always a plus for me. The weight/exercise room was average size and had an elliptical, treadmill, and weights. There was a tv in there and everything worked well. The pool/hot tube was extremely relaxing, but crowded. The chlorine amount was high in the room so I couldn't stay longer than an hour. Otherwise, the meeting rooms were great and the staff was extremely helpful. The free cookies were delicious too! Get the chocolate ones!

Room Tip: Get the second floor so you can use the center staircase, I wish I did.
1 Thank Brittany P
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We are from Michigan and we stayed here for my boyfriends softball tournaments and we all felt at home and the staff was very kind and helpful with a crowd of 30 people I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to family and friends

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have been staying at CI&S more than usual lately and for the most part I’m a fan of their properties. I was stuck here due to a cancelled flight. This is an OK property that needs some updating. I stayed in room 425 a regular King room.

PRO's:
• Good value for Price
• 32” flat screen
• VERY Friendly staff
• Has indoor pool and whirlpool
• Has micro/ tall fridge combo
• Very good bed and excellent pillows
• Good sized bathroom
• Close to airport
• Stairwells clean, no smokers hanging out

CON’s:
• Older property, showing its age.
• Slow internet. Although it is free
• Light-Moderate airplane noise
• Bland/dated bathroom, mirror delaminating

WORK AREA
• The work desk was good size but the chair wobbled back and forth and was stained. My first chair was broken and had to be exchanged. Only ONE unused outlet for electronics. Mediocre lighting.

Breakfast
• Breakfast was above average with many choices including 2 hot waffle makers and hot food choices, such as prefab eggs, ham and oatmeal. The normal cold choices of cereal, breads and juices

SCORE: This is an average property in need of some improvements to be on par with other CI&S. In their defense, they did have signs posted that they were remodeling on my floor. I would give this property an 80/100 overall and an 85/100 for value. I would consider staying here in the future, especially after renovations are competed.

The girl working the front desk whose husband is a corrections officer (I wish I got her name, sorry) was VERY helpful. GREAT JOB!

1 Thank YepBeenThere
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in a double queen suite.
The staff are super friendly & helpful.
The breakfast options were excellent & appropriately hot or cold.
The pool was clean. Rooms clean, albeit, slightly dated looking, but comfortable.
Good lighting. Easy access from highway and easy access to food/shopping (10 minute drive in any direction).
We would stay here again.

Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a "girls trip" with my 12 year old and one of her school friends for a weekend shopping trip to Gap Clearance Center. Used my Carlson Club Points ...and had "free" room for the night. Have previously stayed at Marriott down the road...and the Doubletree at the airport, as well as the Holiday Inn...so am familiar with area. Had reserved just a basic 2 queens room...And was pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a suite w 2 queens and a sitting room w a sofa bed. I didn't request it. There was no extra charge, and was placed on an upper floor. Lobby was nice. Staff was nice. I will say decor in rooms was, well...very brown. Not even a pretty brown. Normally decor doesn't affect me...but this was just "blah". Common areas were very pretty though. Room was clean. I did notice an out of the way vent was pretty dusty...but that's probably picky of me. What's NOT though...is the tv in the bedroom did not work. I tried everything...every button, checked wires, etc...and had my tech savvy 12 year old check it...to no avail. Luckily...the tv in the sitting room DID work. To be fair...I did not call the front desk to report...it was late 11:00pm...and I did not want maint. in the room that late. I did report it upon check out. Slept well...however ...if you are allergic to feather pillows...bring your own. I found one synthetic pillow in the bunch. Whew! I'm allergic to feather...and forgot mine.
Bathroom: clean...but slow drain in shower. I also reported this upon check out. I do think that housekeeping would typically notice this upon cleaning ...as drain in shower when cleaning would show up pretty quickly.
Breakfast: not horrible...but not satisfying. Very basic.
Would I stay here again? If I got a good deal...and reviews were consistently good...possibly. Staff was very nice. No problems there. But Country Inn will have to stay competitive with the other hotels nearby.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebron
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!